hello new member

Options
Hello
new member I am female 52 years old. I am mostly home due to heart failure. I lost weight due to the illness but still have to lose more weight for less strain on the heart. I got heart failure from the flu virus in 2008. I have a CRT pacemaker for the heart failure.
I can not exercise much get tired very easily. I can do like 9 minutes mild exercises and I can walk 500 metres then I get tired.
I am on lots of meds and also diuretics. Sometimes the diuretics do not work enough so I gain water weight. My aim is 12.5 kg weight loss including the excess water. Maybe someone on the forum with heart failure or with something that also influences ability to exercise , walk etc. Starting to count calories tomorrow. I use graph paper each block stands for 10 calories so if I eat 100 calorie item I cross off 10 blocks. Is a way I used 20 years ago so trying again

Replies

• Actuate16
    Actuate16 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I think it is great that you are doing everything you can to release some of the strain on your heart. I think you will find a very supportive group on this site. Everyone is inspirational and very positive about the entire journey. We are all doing it for different reasons but we are all in it together. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to friend me. I am a 43 year old single mom who has put everyone first for too many years. I realized I had to put my health first and so my journey began about 50 days ago.
  • Nerys52
    Nerys52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome , well started today again . How is it going for you after 50 days ?
    greetings Nerys52