People who dye their hair, is it just me or...

Options
124»

Replies

• J7isabel
    J7isabel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    maybe they dont like it and theyre just to wussie to admit it. or maybe they thought your natural hair is soo rad why would you ever dye it. Speaking of diet....I need good vegetarian recipes. IDK ppl have asked me that before it just made me self conscience for like a whole minute.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I want to dye my own black, and get a spiral perm. I haven't done it yet but everyone I've mentioned it to says "Why would you want to dye it black?"

Like I have to have a reason?

I've been dying my hair black since I turned 18. Unless someone knew me before then, most people think it's my natural color.

I got the same reaction though, 8 years ago when I started dying it black. "Why black?" Well...why NOT? I like it, and that's all that matters. I think a lot of people associate unnatural black hair with people living a goth-type lifestyle...which is very far from how I live. :laugh:

All through high school I dyed my hair--purple, green, various shades of blue, red, dark red + natural color, and a couple of years ago I decided to try something new and do bright red with my black, and then pink with black...but that was too costly for me to maintain permanently. I predict it's going to stay black for a long time. :smile:
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I never had that question...but I get the, "Did you dye your hair?"

Um. No. It just does this on its own. Wtf.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    I've never been asked why I've dyed my hair... but I did get asked why I stopped dying my hair lol

Everyone I know dyes their hair, whether it is often or once or twice every 6 months or so, so not dying your hair is an anomaly.

Asking why someone dyes their hair is kinda weird, it's such a prevalent thing in western society and wildly accepted to be standard, whether its a drastic change or just a highlighting of your natural colouring.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I get that all the time, but I usually do extreme colors like purple, pink, blue etc or I do opposite. So month my hair is black the next its blonde...I think when people dye there hair but normally the same color they don't really get asked because its not as noticeable. I know people who dye their hair brown, always the same brown, and I don't think very many people even know its dyed.