Lemon Juice Cleanse

Options

Replies

• Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    It'll make you feel hungry and have the runs for however many days you manage to do it. Then you'll gain back any weight you lost and possibly a bit more when you finally get to enjoy real food again. I've watched seven different people try it. Three of them coworkers. They didn't get much work done the days they were on it for not being at their desk much.

Exactly. My coworker did it about 8 months ago and said she had to get up an extra hour early every day in order to make it to work on time because of how "fast and thoroughly" it worked, and yes she was referring to being stuck on the toilet. She lost about 15 lbs in 2 weeks. She said she felt pretty good in spite of the bathroom issues but I find that hard to believe, considering she kept talking about how she was craving "anything real" and soon as she stopped, she binged on fast food for two weeks, got really sick as a result, and to this day has only been gaining weight. It blows my mind that she, or anyone, would put themselves through that just to gain it all back...even if you only gain half back, then your net loss is around 7 pounds in 2 weeks, which isn't THAT much more than you could lose in 2 weeks by eating extremely healthy/clean and with moderate exercise. And there's no way you can do something like that and NOT gain weight back as soon as you start eating real food, even if it's healthy food.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I know that it's only a television show, but I remember what happened to Kelly on The Office when she tried it. Check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7ZBGzaU588&feature=endscreen
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    BE CAREFUL! ADDING TWO MUCH OF THAT PEPPER WILL MAKE UR STINK HOLE PUCKER MORE THAN THAT LEMON JUICE DOES TO UR LIPZ!
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    Why don't you just take a laxative every day and count that as food intake?

As others have said, there is no magic pill. Unless you plan to do this diet for the rest of your suddenly shortened life, the weight will come right back on as soon as you stop it.

It's a lifestyle change, not a quick fix, and there is only one road to it... eating clean and exercise.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    BE CAREFUL! ADDING TWO MUCH OF THAT PEPPER WILL MAKE UR STINK HOLE PUCKER MORE THAN THAT LEMON JUICE DOES TO UR LIPZ!

Yes but they will be able to pick up coins from the ground with their butt.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Anyone who's in the know, knows that the only cleanse that works is the drink your own urine cleanse.

May not work but I want a picture of the face they make lol

images14-1.jpg
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    It works great!
    If you pour it in your garbage disposal.
    Helps make it smell good. (lemon scent)

^^^ This! Throw in the lemon rinds, too
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    This is my FITNESS pal.

You should ask your question at my CRASH DIET pal.

Good luck
    It appears they are one in the same here...
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Did you lose your kidneys and liver....last I checked, these are what CLEANSE your body.
  • Alter_ego
    Options
    What makes you think your kidneys aren't doing what they were built for?
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    This got a lot of attention when celebs swore by this as a quick method to expel a bunch of waste fast. It is not something you should be doing long term, in fact I would suggest seeking the opinion of a medical professional before pursuing, all kidding aside.

Having said that, my wife and I tried this before and I only lasted a few days (the SWF -- Seasalt Water Flush -- was literally crap). She lasted about a week and while we both noticed subtle changes it didn't replace simple healthy choices everyday and a little discipline. We still enjoy all of our "treats" and we balance that with a dedicated exercise routine that changes constantly.

There is definitely no silver bullet, but do whatever works for you.
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I know that it's only a television show, but I remember what happened to Kelly on The Office when she tried it. Check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7ZBGzaU588&feature=endscreen
    Hahha I love The Office:heart:

When i started my weight loss I did the water cleanse . . .
    I lasted for 24 hours went and had a bowl of french fries, a bowl of rice, 2 bars of snickers, a packet of honey peanuts, A cone of Butterscotch ice-cream and a double cheese burger and some more fries:noway: :noway: :noway:

I am not joking . . . I could have beaten a gorilla in an eating match . . .I was psycho hungry . . . I could have beaten that guy in 'Man v/s Food'

SO personally i don't think it's a good idea.
    All of the other guys stop being mean . . . it's a question and she's curious. Sometimes we try and grab at anything that will help us lose weight fast and with all the media hype around these unhealthy diets and also celebrities endorsing them it's but natural for people to wanna try them.

I'd say stick to your daily calorie goal, exercise hard and drink lots of water . . . not only will you get there . .you'll feel awesome about your achievement :flowerforyou:
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    THE CAYENNE PEPPER BURNS A LITTLE SO DOES THE LEMON JUICE BUT THAT IS HOW YOU KNOW THAT IT IS WORKING I LIKE TO ADD SOME FRESH MINT FOR A FRESH MINTY TINGLE IN MY COLON AND POOP PORT

haha
  • hjensen2263
    hjensen2263 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't mean about using it as a diet or a road to weight loss, I'm talking more about cleaning out my liver and kidneys. Is there any stock in all the press we hear about doing a juice cleanse for 3 days-ish to clean out your system?
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to. That just sounds incredibly terrible.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I don't mean about using it as a diet or a road to weight loss, I'm talking more about cleaning out my liver and kidneys. Is there any stock in all the press we hear about doing a juice cleanse for 3 days-ish to clean out your system?

Your liver and kidneys do a perfectly good job on their own - they do not need 'cleaning' out.

edited for type
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Your organs do your cleansing for you.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    That's what your organs are for. Why do people willingly sign up for the screaming sh*ts? I have never once woken up and thought things aren't shooting out my booty rapidly enough I think I'll drink some crazy crap for a week.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    sounds like it would be bad for your teeth and stomach
  • WickedPixie1
    WickedPixie1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and clean, healthy foods! Avoid the processed crap, stick with veggies, proteins and whole grains.
    Initial weightloss might be stagnant while your body adjusts, but you'll start losing water weight and then it should drop pretty regular if you're sensible, stay within your calorie range and exercise.
    Took a while to put it on...gonna take a while to get it off.

Hollywood/Celebs= big bucks cosmetic surgery, nutritionists, personal trainers, personal chefs....and whatever else money can buy...and a lot of tabloid bull crap! About as real as Tinkerbell!