Hello from California

Options
Another newbie here! Love the site so far. Hope to get lots of tips from everyone. I just turned 50 (yuck) and am trying to lose 25 lbs by the end of December. Used to be easy to lose weight, but at this advanced age it might be alot tougher now :-(. Am going to visit my sister in Ireland for New Years ( hubby and kid staying home) and want to freak my sis out!

Have always been active until last 5 years or so, let myself get lazy.......boo! I started last week just watching what I eat and cutting out the wine at night. Have been walking 60 minutes ( hills) 5 times a week and doing some on the Total Gym but am gradually increasing. Down 3 lbs so far- hope to get lots of encouragement to keep it up.

Laura

Replies

• denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Another newbie here! Love the site so far. Hope to get lots of tips from everyone. I just turned 50 (yuck) and am trying to lose 25 lbs by the end of December. Used to be easy to lose weight, but at this advanced age it might be alot tougher now :-(. Am going to visit my sister in Ireland for New Years ( hubby and kid staying home) and want to freak my sis out!

Have always been active until last 5 years or so, let myself get lazy.......boo! I started last week just watching what I eat and cutting out the wine at night. Have been walking 60 minutes ( hills) 5 times a week and doing some on the Total Gym but am gradually increasing. Down 3 lbs so far- hope to get lots of encouragement to keep it up.

Laura
  • KayinAK
    Options
    Good luck, Laura!

I started 2 days ago. I am doing indoor walking & videos, mostly. I live in Alaska and it will snow anytime (yuck) so I figured I might as well start an indoor routine now.

I am so envious of you going to Ireland!!! Wow. What a fun trip!

Let me know if I can be of any help.
  • denmother46
    Options
    Thanks Kayin,

Have the opposite problem with weather here. It was 110 degrees here just a couple of weeks ago - it's finally started to cool off so I can do stuff outside!! Hope it lasts.

Thanks for the encouragement
  • actbjm1
    Options
    I am new from Calif. also, very excited. Only been on it for a week and I am already very aware of what I am eating and how much exercise I do. I love the projection of where I will in 5 weeks, it is very motivating.
  • denmother46
    Options
    Yeah, Im finding that keeping track of what Im eating and how much Im working is very helpful.
    Good luck yo you as well!
  • laura46
    Options
    GOOD LUCK LAURA.. APPRECIATE ENCOURAGING WORDS.. I KNOW THIS TIME I WILL MAKE IT
    AND NEVER GAIN THE WEIGHT AGAIN.. IT WILL BE A SLOW PROGRESS.. I AM FROM ONTARIO,CANADA
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the 3 lbs lost Laura! Keep up the great work and you will be right where you want to be by Christmas! Woo hoo!!!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!

Niccole