any one got an extra special recipe for anniversary dinner

Options
Hi

If any one has an extra special recipe that I could cook for my husband and myself as it is our 4th wedding anniversary on thurs. I am doing soooo well with my diet I don't want to ruin it I will be working out so I could get away with about 800 cals but dessert will be apple crumble (cooking apples stewed with a crumble topping made from flour marg and sugar and topped with a spoonful of custard not sure on cals yet) this is my hubbys fav but am stuck for something that doesn't look healthy but is. I may do chili.

Any suggestions I want it to be special as we can't afford to eat out or get a babysitter I have bought candles I am just stuck on what to make that won't ruin my efforts so far.

Replies

• vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Hi

If any one has an extra special recipe that I could cook for my husband and myself as it is our 4th wedding anniversary on thurs. I am doing soooo well with my diet I don't want to ruin it I will be working out so I could get away with about 800 cals but dessert will be apple crumble (cooking apples stewed with a crumble topping made from flour marg and sugar and topped with a spoonful of custard not sure on cals yet) this is my hubbys fav but am stuck for something that doesn't look healthy but is. I may do chili.

Any suggestions I want it to be special as we can't afford to eat out or get a babysitter I have bought candles I am just stuck on what to make that won't ruin my efforts so far.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    You might think about fresh strawberries dipped in chocolate for dessert!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I just posted a super easy, healthy recipe for chicken teriyaki chow mein. Check out the recipe and see if you might like that. I have also made a pretty healthy chicken parmesan a lot, but I'm not sure of the calories. I bread chicken tenders, spray them with a little olive oil, bake them for a bit, then put them in a baking dish covered with a homemade marinara (fewer calories that way), and top it with some low fat mozzarella and parmesan cheese. I bake it in the oven for a while then serve it with whole wheat pasta. You could even skip the pasta if you wanted to save on calories. :)
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    We love a good stir fry. I make brown rice to serve it with. You can use any meat, we prefer chicken. I add it to a little olive oil and brown it. Then add a nice assortment of veggies--colored peppers, brocolli, water chestnuts, carrots, cauliflower, snow peas are colorful. I sprinkle everything with a small amount of ginger before I cook them and it comes out very tasty and without the need for a lot of soy sauce.

Another new fav is to make broiled chicken breast, topped with a white sauce (I just use Ragu and you only need 1/4 cup) and some colored pasta and make a nice group of steamed veggies.

Whatever you make, fancy it up with a little parsley on the plate and use place mats and cloth napkins, etc. And if you have china, USE IT. Presentation really is a big part of making a plain dish look better.
  • Margy82
    Margy82 Posts: 63
    Options
    For valentines day I made Jamaican Pork Loin

This recipe includes the whole meal, with meat, and roasted apples, onions and sweet potatoes all in one pan and a sauce. It's made with two pork tenderloins, usually two per package, which yields 4 serving per tenderloin. If your interested, please let me know, I have the recipe at home. It is really good, really healthy and leaves lots of leftover. It is my boyfriends favorite!

Nutrition Facts
    home made - Jamaican Pork Tenderloin
    Servings: 1 of 4
    Calories 360
    Total Fat 9 g
    Saturated 3 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g
    Monounsaturated 0g
    Trans 0 g
    Cholesterol 65 mg
    Sodium 990 mg
    Total Carbs 47 g
    Dietary Fiber 7 g
    Sugars 0 g
    Protein 25 g
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    homemade French Onion soup.... and one glass of red wine. mmmmm
  • dogwdots
    dogwdots Posts: 146
    Options
    I recently made Red Snapper over Sauteed Spinach and Tomatoes that was fabulous! It is way better than it sounds. My husband said he wants this on his list of favorites.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=833368

It is from the www.cookinglight.com sight
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    My husband always loves a nice roast beef done in the crockpot all day. I don't know about your hubby, but mine would rather have meat and potatoes than anything else :)
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    thanks catlover I will be making a chicken stir fry with a black bean sauce well within my calorie limits my hubby wanted to get a chinese takeaway but I didn't so I know he will approve of the black bean sauce (he always gets chicken in black bean sauce from the chinese) I have bought a big bag of stir fry veg plus baby button mushrooms and baby sweetcorn.

I think I serve some brown rice too just incase it isn't filling enough for my hubby (he is a delivery driver and works really hard all day)

Thx everybody for your suggestions.

Vicky