SUPERBOWL!! will power

Options
Superbowl this weekend and I'm affraid I'm going to blow the whole week in one day. I sooo excited about going to the SUPERBOWL but wondering what I should do this week to make up for all the food and bev on sunday?? Extra workouts?? what does everyone think. Special events is a challenge...

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Just say no to anything you wouldn't normally eat
    your body will thank you for staying away from sugar, fried foods, alcohol, and whatever other empty calories are offered to you.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • wendyrezvani
    Options
    Just say No sounds so easy, but oh my can I do it that is the question.... Thank you for reply
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be horrible and say WHO CARES! lol your gonna be at the freakin Superbowl, enjoy it!... no alright that's just what I wanna say if it were me. Stay away from the big pretzels and cheese.. they're like 500 calories for one unsalted pretzel. light beer, have water in between them. It's been a very long time since I've been to any kind of sports center so I'm not sure if they have salads or anything like that. But you'd think this day and age there would have some kind of healthier restaurants within! Good luck!
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am bringing a HUGE delicious salad to the super bowl party! Not only do I get mad props for being "thoughtful" enough to contribute something but I can fill up on the salad and not be so tempted by the wings and potato skins I KNOW will be there. I am also bringing mic ultra because it is low in calories. I am trying to cut down on my alcohol intake but it is a big day so at least it's low in calories. You can do it if you just plan ahead a little bit! Good luck!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Oh I hear you, girl! My team's in the super bowl this year, so I'm going to be partying my booty off that afternoon!

I'm planning on hitting the gym HARD that morning, and bringing healthy snacks with me to the party. I think hummus, a crudite, nuts, and some healthy jalapeno poppers will be my contribution to the buffet table!

Eatingwell.com has a section devoted to healthy superbowl snacks, complete with a nutrition run-down:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/super_bowl_1

Hope that helps a little! Good luck!
  • lahlie
    lahlie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I would SOOOOO go with the WHO CARES attitude that day too....In fact, I am as of about 2 until whenever....LOL! It is one day. One day is not the end of the world. I would just be sure to eat as clean as possible all week long, get in all your planned workouts as well, and then call it good. Like I said one day is not going to kill everything. I am so jealous you are GOING to the SUPERBOWL!!! OMG! HOW FUN! GO SAINTS! WHO DAT!!!
  • wendyrezvani
    Options
    You guys are GREAT thank you. I mean I'm going to the SUPERBOWL!!! so you guys are right one day "WHO CARES"...:smile: I will stay away from the super fatty food and maybe take some meal bars and work my a#! off this week at the gym and of course have light beer. So GO COLTS!!!! I'l post pic's from game when I get back....:drinker:
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    You guys are GREAT thank you. I mean I'm going to the SUPERBOWL!!! so you guys are right one day "WHO CARES"...:smile: I will stay away from the super fatty food and maybe take some meal bars and work my a#! off this week at the gym and of course have light beer. So GO COLTS!!!! I'l post pic's from game when I get back....:drinker:

Yeah HORSE!!
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Have you read how many people post blogs about cheat days and how they feel horrible afterwards and how many don't even enjoy what they ate because it was sooo greasy, salty, etc? Stick to your usual game plan: look for the healthiest choices and eat in moderate portions. Just by doing that you'll stick overshoot your caloric goal b/c it's event food.
  • johnhaden
    Options
    yeah red01angel !!
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Have you read how many people post blogs about cheat days and how they feel horrible afterwards and how many don't even enjoy what they ate because it was sooo greasy, salty, etc? Stick to your usual game plan: look for the healthiest choices and eat in moderate portions. Just by doing that you'll stick overshoot your caloric goal b/c it's event food.

If its a special day and I had planned for it (not just a random day i overate) I NEVER feel bad for it!! I feel when you restrict allll the time then you dont end up succeeding!!
    So what III DO for a SPECIAL day, work out extra hard the few days before, eat really really really good (not one bite of treatage!) then try and go easssyyy on the day, yet allow myself to have a bite of whatever i want!!
    Considering were supposed to bring chili cheese dip and cheesecakes to the super bowl party I know im going to be going over my calories that day!!
    So my plan is to work out extra hard that morning, have a light breakfast, drink lots of water there, and just try and watch my portions, but if i want nachos then im having some!! Also Ill pack some of my new favorite 5 calorie canned lemonades! Yum!!

I NEVER feel guilty the next day if I really enjoyed myself and felt I "earned" the meal.. I only feel guilty if I randomly just pig out for a whole weekend.. haha