Bad headaches on treadmill when heart rate goes up passed 15

Options
As long as I keep my heart rate between 140 and 150, I'm ok. As soon as I speed it up or increase the incline and my heart rate goes over 150, I start to get really bad headaches and also a sharp pain in my left shoulder across the left side of my chest. What could this mean??? I'm not sweating at 140, but when I get going past 150 i feel like I'm finally burning calories and than this happens to me. It's really frustrating! Can anyone help with advise? Oh, I also have very low blood pressure. I've had it all my life. My BP is normally 80/60. Could that have anything to do with it?

Replies

• tracymeadows10
    Options
    Hey Girl! It might be worth mentioning this to your doctor. I work for a cardiologist and we see many people just starting an exercise program or coming back to an exercise program having similar problems. Most of the time it's nothing, but every once in awhile it could indicate a problem with your blood pressure, an abnormal heart rhythm or some other underlying problem that hasn't been discovered yet. It's worth checking out! Good luck to you!

Tracy
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    If you want to loose weight you need to keep your heart rate in the fat burning zone, not the cardio zone. Everyone's zone is different so you will need to find out your numbers. I forgot how I calculated mine. You have some weight to loose so u need to start slow.........you have to walk before u run.........:) You can do it. Also make sure u drink enough water before, during and after. If an exercise feels bad don't do it.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Wow I would deffinitly contact your doctor right away, something like that you don't wanna mess with!!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I think I will be calling the doctor to be checked out.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hey Girl! It might be worth mentioning this to your doctor. I work for a cardiologist and we see many people just starting an exercise program or coming back to an exercise program having similar problems. Most of the time it's nothing, but every once in awhile it could indicate a problem with your blood pressure, an abnormal heart rhythm or some other underlying problem that hasn't been discovered yet. It's worth checking out! Good luck to you!

Tracy

i AGREE WITH THIS LADY. That is why they say consult a doctor before any exercise program, better safe than sorry.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Call your Dr and report these symptoms to him/her.
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I will call my doctor today!