New to this...

Options
Hi there..

Im very new to this, I started on this site about two months ago after the first month I just gave up, I was trying so hard I went out for a meal and after that I just stopped coming on here.Im such a fussy eater ever since I was small and my diet hasn't really changed since that. I really want to loose the weight I keep pretending and telling myself I look fine but deep down I know Im not. I snack all the time on bars, crisps etc and I know I shouldn't but I recently lost my job and Im so bored all I do is eat. I also found out that for my age my cholesterol is very high and I have done nothing to change this.

I really wish I could do this, I would love some advice on how I could overcome my bad eating habits. I would also love to know how others motivate themselves.

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Hi there..

Im very new to this, I started on this site about two months ago after the first month I just gave up, I was trying so hard I went out for a meal and after that I just stopped coming on here.Im such a fussy eater ever since I was small and my diet hasn't really changed since that. I really want to loose the weight I keep pretending and telling myself I look fine but deep down I know Im not. I snack all the time on bars, crisps etc and I know I shouldn't but I recently lost my job and Im so bored all I do is eat. I also found out that for my age my cholesterol is very high and I have done nothing to change this.

I really wish I could do this, I would love some advice on how I could overcome my bad eating habits. I would also love to know how others motivate themselves.

To answer your last line - I found my motivation when I stopped "wishing" and started doing. I am worth health and fitness, so there is no more crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. I started working towards my goal. I have no doubt I'll succeed, because I am planning on it. There will be bumps in the road, of course. But I will get there.

As far as the fussy diet goes....I don't know what to tell you. Eating something you don't like or aren't sure about won't hurt you. It might taste bad briefly, but that won't kill you. So, you either decide to expand your food intake, or you don't. However, having an expansive diet doesn't equal weight loss.

You can snack, you just have to plan for it. I literally eat all day. I like to snack. So, I make my calories work for me. But if you're just eating because you are bored, why not go for a walk instead? Or do some pushups?
  • michellek1992
    michellek1992 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply.
    I would like to know were I should start.
    Im the type of person that likes to eat out alot, or sit in watching the telly with snacks and I know this is bad but i try to stop and it works for a few days then I just go back to the same thing. I was such an active person playing sports all the time and Im unfit now I cant go back to do these things which upsets me..

I dont no what excercises I should be doing.
    I feel I just cant do it.:cry:

30141277.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply.
    I would like to know were I should start.
    Im the type of person that likes to eat out alot, or sit in watching the telly with snacks and I know this is bad but i try to stop and it works for a few days then I just go back to the same thing. I was such an active person playing sports all the time and Im unfit now I cant go back to do these things which upsets me..

I dont no what excercises I should be doing.
    I feel I just cant do it.:cry:

Start by just tracking calories. You can eat at restaurants. There's nothing wrong with that. For 2 weeks, track your calories and try to come in at your goal.

Then, try to make one positive change every week. One week, start taking a walk every other day. The next, give up soda and drink water. The next, eat an extra serving of veggies at every meal. Keep doing that until you're happy with the balance.

I live by the phrase "everything in moderation" - that doesn't mean that you can eat an entire pizza for dinner. But it does mean that if you've snacked on some fruit, had some lean protein and whole grain for lunch, a nice breakfast and you still have the calories, by all means have a slice or two for dinner. It's about making good choices 80% of the time so that the other 20% don't matter as much.

And - whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're probably right.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    when the desire takes hold to snack,
    make yourself walk a mile first
    It works for me, either I pass on the snack
    or eat it after the walk.
    The calories get burned off
    win, win!
  • ggrushing
    ggrushing Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    when the desire takes hold to snack,
    make yourself walk a mile first
    It works for me, either I pass on the snack
    or eat it after the walk.
    The calories get burned off
    win, win!
  • michellek1992
    michellek1992 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate your help.
    From 2moro I am going to start fresh and really try hard this time, its nice to see how other people do it and to get advice. Its motivating me :happy:

I can do this :flowerforyou:

30141277.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools