Need to lose lots of weight but in need of support...

Options
I am new here, looking for some friends to do this with. I am 5"2 and around 250lbs. I have been big all my life. I lost some weight around 3 years ago due to an illness during which I didn't eat a lot (Very unhealthy I know. It was not intentional starvation or anything like that.) I lost around two stone, maybe more and after my illness passed I felt great! I wasn't slim by any means, but I could walk at a good pace and for a decent distance and actually felt a little better about my appearance. I even managed to get my first boyfriend! Unfortunately as time has passed and I have been eating again, I have fallen back into my old bad eating habits and become lazy. I put back on the weight I lost and a little more. Now can only walk for about 15 minutes before having to stop and give my aching back and legs a rest. The pain then puts me off excersising and I flop back on to the sofa and give myself a hard time for allowing myself to become this way again. I recently tried to take up swimming which I knew would be much less painful and I knew I would love doing it, but found myself unable to afford to keep it up and am now having to turn back to walking, which as I am at the minute, I hate. I really need some people to keep me motivated to do this and give me tips in making it more enjoyable, otherwise I'll be stuck at this weight hating myself forever. Please help!!

Replies

• ericag429
    Options
    Hey there! I have been a member of myfitnesspal for awhile now but this is the first time I have ever really used it. So I'm pretty new at this myself. However, dieting is nothing new to me. I've been doing it since I could walk lol half kidding :) I've struggled all my life with my weight, but I was always really active in basketball and volleyball in high school so it never really become a significant problem until college. When I started college, I gained more than the "Freshman 15." I now am the heaviest I have ever been. I'm weighing in at 295lbs and I am 5'10 at 21 years old. I really want to live a healthier lifestyle and get this weight off so I would love to do this weightloss journey with you! :)
  • KayAnnett08
    KayAnnett08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! i had my daughter 3 months ago, and got myself up to 230!!!!!! rediculous. gained soo much weight during my pregnancy! im down to 195 but i need to get to my goal weight of 125-135...im 21 years old aswell. and im 5.6. Ill do this journey with you guys:) keep each other motivated:)
  • ttemi95
    ttemi95 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ill be your friend!!! hehe....im also not finding this weight loss thing easy at all...#sighhhh I'm almost 18 and i weighh...........ill be ur friendddd
  • ericag429
    Options
    Hey guys! i had my daughter 3 months ago, and got myself up to 230!!!!!! rediculous. gained soo much weight during my pregnancy! im down to 195 but i need to get to my goal weight of 125-135...im 21 years old aswell. and im 5.6. Ill do this journey with you guys:) keep each other motivated:)

Hey! Congrats on being a momma and on your weightloss so far! I appreciate you doing this with me! I need all the help I can get! haha :)
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    5'2" and currently 185 down from 239 here. Good luck add me if you want. I can be a little on the tough love side. If you go under 1,200 or are not getting enough protein, fiber or water I can point that out but also encouraging.
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    All you need do is ask. If you need friends yet...just accept!
  • tammyjeananbari
    Options
    Hi! I joined myfitnesspal almost two weeks now,Have been following it,trying to get my exercise in but not seeing anything yet. I am 51 years old need to lose 20 pounds.Not a happy camper right now. :(
  • Lstever1
    Options
    Hey girly! First of all don't beat yourself up! You are gorgeous! And trust me, just like you put on the weight you can get it off. I relate to your post because I too was always heavy and at my heaviest weight I was 248. For me it was a mind altering decision. I first needed to make up in my mind I needed to lose weight, then decide I wanted to lose weight. After that I only imagined myself smaller while setting small goals for myself and beginning the weight loss journey. It hasn't been easy, and I have done a lot of dumb diets, but overall what helps the most is eating smart and working out. You are on the right track, and every little bit of exercise helps because ultimitely you keep pushing your physical to higher levels. I will be your friend! You can do this!
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I still have a lot to go. I'm 22, 5'9 and currently 165, though my highest was 215, goal weight of 145. Today is my 425th day in a row logging, so I'm here every day. Feel free to add me!
  • freindsofmine
    freindsofmine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I could also use some motovational freinds
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! After I had my daughter I was the biggest I've ever been but it took me a year to get myself in the frame of mind to be able to stop using her as an excuse (i.e. I don't have time to . . . ). I have another 50 lbs to lose until I reach my wt loss goal and when I think about it like that it seems impossible. For me, I have to take it day-by-day, week-by-week. I ask myself, "did I reach my goals today?" If so, great, let's do it again tomorrow. If not, resolve to do better tomorrow. It really helps me to see the numbers I post on MFP. I'm able to check it throughout the day and add my calories at work (which is much easier than the calorie counting I did before where I had to do the math on my own and wrote it on a piece of paper I kept on my fridge). Small short term goals seem much easier to meet that a big long term goal. Maybe meeting some of your small short term goals will provide you with some motivation to keep at the long term goal? Regardless, I hope you find something that works for you and wish you the best of luck!
  • jessababy22
    Options
    feel free to add me! i started off at 5'3" and 275 and it's been 100 days and I'm down to 253. as long as you stay motivated and surround yourself with positive people!
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I have lots of weight to lose also!! I am trudging along with this life change. IF you are looking for a motivational buddy for the journey feel free to add me!!!! I am also looking for supportive friendly buddies to make this journey a bit easier!!! :)
  • Jaywass72
    Jaywass72 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am with you girl. About 4 years ago I was working on myself ....... going back to school and losing weight. Then a life changing event happened. My self worth was next to nothing for a very long time. I could not bring myself to continue my education or pretty much anything. I put the weight back on and them some. Now I am back on track!!! But I have a problem with my feet. Plantar Fasciitis sucks!! So I am restricted to low impacted exercise. I found www.fitnessblender.com, this website has free exercise videos. I paid $5 for the 8 week weight loss plan. The plan is a lot of fun something different everyday. Any exercise that is high impact I just modify. For example jumping jacks I do more like marching in place waving my arms. I am in the middle of week 3, at this point the weight is not dropping off but I have lost 9.25 inches of body mass!! Have faith you can do it!!!!
  • acairns2
    Options
    I want to be all ya'll's friend! I'm 5'0 and at my heaviest I was 178. I got down to 112 and was able to maintain at 125 for almost 6 months. I recently gained about 20 pounds. I'm at 143.5 right now. Nothing seems to be working! I need motivation & support :)
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    add me i'll help motivate you
  • adelagalvan
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me i will be there for motivation and support :)
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Greetings and welcome !

Read my profile and if you wanna ...hit me up with a friend request,

Jen
  • rocklifter
    rocklifter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your description could be me. Thanks for being honest and open. I'm just getting started, and have to convince myself I'm not too old to make this happen for me. But I'm going to keep trying!
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I love this sight. I have found a lot of friends and the best part is we all share our daily struggles. What I have benefitted the most from is not the weight loss tools, but getting to know that other people have the same struggles I do, yet continue on. We draw support from one another to get through the tough painful days and motivation to take make the most of the good days. Most of all, be truthful to yourself and log everything you eat no matter how much it hurts to see how much you screwed the day up.