Ugh, this time of year!

Options
Every year around this time I start to slip. As soon as it turns cooler and the holidays get close its like my mind is going...
"hey! You! Yea, you! EAT ALL THE CARBY, STARCHY, HEAVY FOOD YOU CAN GET YOUR GRUBBY LITTLE HANDS ON! WITH EXTRA GRAVY!"

I hit my halfway right before Halloween and have slowly been slipping since then. Extra mashed potatoes here, a little country gravy there, how bout an extra drink or 2 to warm up, and more pasta? Sure! Why not. I have to get this nonsense under control before I undo my progress. It seems though that even when I can recognize I'm not hungry and just eating because it's yummy, it still ends up in my mouth. Blah!

Replies

• Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I usually slip around the holidays, too. My mother in law gave us some candy for Halloween and I ate some, only a small amount so that wasn't too bad. It didn't affect me too much. ONE DOWN!!! Now on to Thanksgiving with all the fattening/high calorie trimmings. My favorites are yams/sweet potatoes cooked with brown sugar and marshmallows and pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Both very fattening and high in calories! Actually, the whole Thanksgiving dinner is high in calories, and fattening, too. How do I enjoy Thanksgiving dinner and stay within my calories?!! I plan on only eating ONE Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving day and compensating by doing more exercising in case I go over on my calories.

If possible, I am going to stick to fruits, salads, veggies, but I am going to indulge in yams and pumpkin pie (my Thanksgiving faves) I will eat my pumpkin pie w/o whipped cream and only eat one slice. (this will be hard)

This will all take self control on my part but I have worked too hard to lose that 10.5 lbs to sabotoge it in one sitting.

We have to support one another during this delicious, yet high calorie fattening time of year.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    first world problems
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I think this may be somewhat hardwired into us, genetically. Our bodies are supposed to store up for winter... Not that necessary any more but tell our bodies that; best wishes on combatting the temptation.