Ladies--Lets talk about headbands!

Options
They are not all created equal..that is for sure.

I have one from lululemon but it is thicker and wider than what I prefer to wear when I am working out.

I have some "no name" thinner bands-but they slide off so easily.

Picked up some Nike "no slip" headbands, but they lie--they slide off!

I don't even know what brand to try next? Any suggestions???

Replies

• dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Under Armour! I don't have one (my head is too big and headbands shoot off the top of my head) But my friend is obsessed with them and wears them at all times.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Darn! Was gonna say lulu but I like the Goody StayFit ones (more)! I like both ;)
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I use a buff type thing from Columbia. Kind of like this one
    http://www.rei.com/product/831176/outdoor-research-sentinel-ubertube-neck-gaiter
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I love my no slip Lululemon headbands. I wear them for everything because they stay put and really sop up sweat.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm broke and in college so I can't afford the good ones. I buy the cheap black headbands at Walmart, a couple inches thick. They stay decently well, I stick a bobby pin or two on for a better hold :)
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Mine are all Lululemon. I have the largest most narrow head in the world so they shoot off still. The skinny ones do anyways. :(

The thicker ones are great though and stay on my head. I'm sure they'll last forever. Worth the money! Plus it's not terribly expensive compared to their jackets and pants!!
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Love the 'Buff' (got mine from REI)........they come in different colors and varieties/material, some with UV protection, some basic, some warmer but all can be used as headband/beanie/skullcap/neck gaiter etc. I can't use most headbands as they tend to slip or are just plain annoying but this one I like and it stays put. And when it is cooler/cold I can wear them wear it as a hat, when freezing cold as a neck/lower face cover......
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I like the Goody StayFit ones (more)!
    Those are the ones I have and really like. My only complaint is that they stretch out really quick. While they're still new and tight, they work perfectly.

Bump and looking to read other recommendations as well.
  • SophieSLP
    SophieSLP Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My LEAST favorite headband is from Lulu..it's tight and it always slips. My favorite headband is from Target!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    old pantyhose lol
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I have some awesome Nike microfiber ones that are maybe 2 inches wide and really stay in place well, plus they do a great job of keeping sweat from dripping in your face.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Halo. I swear by 'em. Though, I have the hat with the headband built in, but they make all sorts of different headband products. Keeps the sweat out of my face entirely, even through a half marathon in Labor Day weekend heat.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Sweaty bands Love them. Wear them in triathlons under bike helmet and run.
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Any headbands that look like this:
    elastic-headbands-300x236.jpg

This type of elastic is amazing for headbands and ponytails bc it stays in place and doesn't leave a "bump" or "rut" in your hair, and is really soft/doesn't pull. They have some really expensive ones or you can get cheap ones that work just as well on etsy or ebay, and the etsy and ebayers are usually willing to do a custom size if you need larger ones.

OR I'm pretty sure craft stores carry large amounts of this type of elastic, that would be cheapest. There is no trick: they are just knotted then the ends are cut at angles and sealed with any kind of sealing glue so they don't unravel.
    You can recognize the elastic because it is semi-shiny and has a seam down the middle.

On etsy just search "hair ties headbands" and they will pop up.
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I bought 2 at The Running Room and the brand is "Sweaty Bands". They are about 1/2inch and 1/4inch and have a felt-like material that just seems to stay put on my hair without pulling. I have a big head and these were the only ones that I found that not only did not slip, but also did not cut blood flow from being too small :)
    Retails for about $15-$20 Canadian. You can see them on The Running Room website.
  • moonmistmm
    moonmistmm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just get the hard ones (not stretchy) that are no-slip from Goody. Stretchy ones don't seem to like my head.

Some people also have great success using pre-wrap as headbands.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I bought the lululemon adjustable headband, and it still ended up stretching out on the tightest notch, and the glue did not help keep it in place. Plus it was something ridiculous like $22.
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have super fine hair. People often think that means "thin," but my hair has a lot of volume . . . the individual strands are just thin/slick themselves. So I have a LOT of problems with headbands. I have NEVER found one in a store that would stay on my head. I started ordering handmade ones from Etsy and love them!

Check out the thick ones at from seller Rum Raisin http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rumraisina?ref=usr_faveitems&atr_uid=9309402. The turban "twist" style helps keep it on your head while running or whatever. Plus, you can toss them in the washing machine!

If you're looking for thin ones, Pistachio Hair makes some good ones. http://www.etsy.com/shop/pistachiohairgoods?ref=seller_info
  • starspeckled
    starspeckled Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I second Sweaty Bands, I have one and I love it. I have also heard good things about Sparkly Soul.

www.sweatybands.com
    www.sparklysoul.com
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome..thanks for all the suggestions! Many of these I have not even heard of!