MFP Confession Time

Options
124»

Replies

• miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options

Awesome, you are a life saver! Thank you so much!!

cheers! :drinker:
  • Beth88888
    Beth88888 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hmm, my confessions:

1. I spend way more time lurking on the MFP boards than I do commenting. I'm always worried that I'll say something stupid or just not really contribute.
    2. My lurking has lead me to find lots of people who I wish were my friends, but I always feel too shy to send to send friend requests based just on what people post (I occasionally over come this in tiny bursts of socially awkward outgoingness).
    3. Sometimes MFP makes me feel like I"m not cool enough to sit with the cool kids in the cafeteria.
    4. I love people's before and after pics, especially with huge loses. It's so inspiring.
    5. I'm super lazy. I hate exercising. I"m trying, but for some reason it seems so hard for me. I feel jealous of everyone I see on MFP that seems to love running or whatever they do.
    6. I always feel like I'm a bad friend for not commenting enough on other people's statuses, especially since I love it when people comment on mine.
    [/quote]

Wow, I can relate to so many of your points.

I would add that I really worry that I will come across harsh, or my strange sense of humour taken the wrong way so I don't comment.

I use my time on here to avoid work and house work.

If I have a bad day logging it makes me feel depressed so I just don't bother.

I actually see face book a bit like a high school ground for everyone to show off how great their lives are, I much prefer MFP because everyone seems more real and honest.

I am probably a little too consumed with logging my calories as I eat them or before.
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My turn:

1. I have deleted people that haven't logged on in over a week or two.

2. Don't b*tch if you can't lose weight but post all the time that you are out partying and drinking.

3. I never eat my exercise calories.

4. I love the success stories.

5. I vowed I would never be mean or troll, but I broke that today on a thread that was about yet another idiotic diet scheme.

6. Don't talk to me about Dr. Oz, he's a fraud.

7. I don't care if you post great job ! or way to go! Just don't expect me to do it back every day.

8. I wish MFP was set up more like Facebook with the interactions, I'd spend far more time here.

9. I can't figure out how to post a picture.

10. I won't ever post a before and after picture because I' don't want to beg for compliments - it's not me, but I love to see other people.

I agree with A LOT of other's and their confessions. I feel normal again :wink:
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Fineeeeeeeee.

I love food.
    I love SMASHING things in the gym
    I often wonder if people will like me in person like they do on MFP, and worry that I will disappoint.
    I tell myself I am good enough every day, hoping one day I will believe it.
    I dont really hate people.

There.

:devil: I still love you.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    1) I delete friends when they get too involved in the drama, haven't logged in for ages and never really interacted
    2) I feel guilty when I don't check out everyone's 'stuff' during the day and don't have time to flick through their diaries
    3) I wont comment on diaries that are under without looking at them first, I'm not going to say 'YAY AWESOME' if all you've eaten is 2 bags of chips and a can of tuna
    4) I make terrible fun of weightloss fads. Sometimes this offends people as I know some people use shakes and meal plans to lose weight. To be honest, I don't care. If you were on it for serious I wouldn't have added you or kept you on my list. If you are using them as an aid along with actual food that's fine. They are a big reason of where I got to the weight I was. I've learned and I have the t-shirt. If you want to make idiot mistakes then fine, but don't complain to me
    I actually spend quite a bit of time snortlaughing at many of them in my 'spare' time
    5) I spend at least half an hour every night making my work food and pre-logging the next day. I do a tonne of 'juggling' to make things fit so I can still get enough volume of food and still get nutritious stuff in. It drives my boyfriend insane that I cannot sit down to meal without logging it first. Even though I've got a good handle on what I'm making, I NEED to make sure I can have the planned serve before I eat it. I've burned meals and let them go cold. But I haven't done that in a while.
    6) I look like a jerk in shopping centres picking up all the packets and reading labels. ALL THE LABELS including stuff I buy regularly. I scan heaps into MFP also. The bread isle is the worst as they never have the same things left when I get there so each week I need to find a new bread that doesn't taste like donkey crap.
    I may have offended a lady while snortlaughing and shoving a packet back on the shelf while she was putting a few in her trolley.
    7) I don't care how good laughing cow cheese is for me. I wont eat it. It seems that anyone in my office trying to lose weight is eating it and it's all I hear about
    8) I get really aggrivated when someone dismisses my eating habits over another person in the office who is on a delivery meal plan. I have lost more weight. I have stuck with it longer. I can eat out and not be the neddy no friends at work or the annoying person holding everyone up ordering. I don't preach to you that what you are eating is crap, infact I don't care. So don't ask me and then make out I'm lying or an idiot for just eating food.
    9) I get silently annoyed with people who reward themselves with food and then complain when they start gaining. I want to hit them in the head with scissors. I don't reward myself, I eat whatever I want because it's good.
    10) I wont add friends if - You have a private profile and haven't sent me a message with it and I can't see you quoting me or commenting on my threads - You have an open profile and we have no friends in common. Sorry. Just wont. However, I will message you and ask you why you've added me and leave your request sitting there until you reply. I wont just add you to delete you. I have an online stalker and even 5 minutes of open time is enough. No thanks
    11) I like being accountable. I like people seeing what I do and don't do. However it doesn't open it up to being able to chastise me about my food choices. Clicking your tongue or tisking me is a quick way to pee me off and be ignored for a while. Don't care how supportive you've been, you have no right to tell me what goes in. Particualrly when the most 'processed' things I've eaten in a week are milk, yogurt and bread... if I want a half serve of hot chips when I have an upset stomach I bloody will.
    12) I'll give advice till the cows come home. I don't expect you to take it. But if all I see is weh weh weeeeeeeeh about the same thing I've given you advice on, don't expect or ask for any more. Particularly if you haven't even tried a different approach
    13) I really want you to eat veggies. And fruit. Everyone. Eat all the plants. I don't understand why people can't get that eating fresh produce is good for you. Dont' like them? Treat yourself like a 4 year old and blend them up to hide them. Stop being a frikken baby and eat like an adult.
    14) I bash my head on sharp and hard things when someone says they can't afford to eat healthy who lives in Australia. Allow me to send you a shopping list. You'll thank me. Or shop at Aldi and a good fruito. Such bullcrap.
    15) Everyone I know who's 'liked' Ashy Bines on facebook hasn't even attempted it. Another snorthlaugh for me.
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Confession time .....

I really enjoy a glass of wine in the evenings while watching a little tv before going to bed. (although I have not had any since this weekend.)
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Love it! Especially #3. lol.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    since "bumping" isnt needing, im writing so its on my profile for me to do later.. im off to let the dog drag me around right now! =)
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Loved it!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    1) I am awesome
    2) my friends here are awesome
    3) we shall change our last names to "awesome"
    4) my friends and I shall have awesome kids
    5) we shall name out kids "freakin" and "totally"
    6) I'm an attention *kitten*
    7) I despise that most of the FR's I get nowadays are because they think I'm funny and want me to make them laugh. Makes me feel like I'm their personal clown.
    8) I would not have come this far without this site and my friends

^
    this is SO awesome :laugh:

I've been feeling a little out of sorts lately (probably coming down with a cold) ...... but this thread perked me right up ...... thanks !
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    New confession-

I want to be a drag queen!
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    New confession-

I want to be your friend....... I love Drag Queens!!!!!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    New confession-

I want to be your friend....... I love Drag Queens!!!!!

We should dress up!

I'm obsessed with RuPaul's Drag Race. LOL
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Im off to let the dog drag me around right now! =)

how far did your dog drag you? Mine loves to haul me everywhere!
  • toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    1. I confess I update my status too much
    2. if I can't cheer up my MFP friends it makes me sad
    3. I want to lift heavy and be a badash, but I also love cardio and won't apologize for it.
    4. I don't flirt. But those who do crack me up.
    5. Things that annoy me about other MFP people, my MFP friends can usually get away with.
    6. I still think nobody likes me, and I should go eat worms.

two-tone_worm_web_group_72.jpg

I want the PINEAPPLE CHERRY ONE... :tongue:
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Oh there are so many....

8. I constantly go back to check my previous posts to see if someone quotes me and to make sure no one is saying mean things about me!

ETA #8 when I was looking to see if someone had quoted me yet! :laugh:

Quoted. How long did it take? I do this all the time too.

More to follow...
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    1) I have no Facebook so i guess MFP is it for me.
    2) I was addicted to the "Chit Chat" section. But after listening to the stylings of "woman with cleavage" and "guy with six-pack", I realized I was in the wrong place. I now stick mainly to Motivation and Success Stories.
    3) I'm slow to make friends on MFP. I look for similar people in terms of age, weight, kids, location. I want to exchange thoughts with people I can learn from. Most are very inspirational
    3a) One "friend request" of mine was turned down from a woman, her reason was that she was married and felt it was disrespectful to her husband. This hurt my feelings. I'm not a flirt, nor a creeper. I'm a guy looking for help and advice. I'm so not interested in chatting up some lady in Nova Scotia. I have better things to do. (*****)
    4) I want to lift weights but would rather do it with someone. Currently I do only cardio.
    5) I want to try P90X but dont want to sweat all over new basement carperting. Plus i could never do a pull up.
    6) I'm unable to pass up nuts/peanuts of any kind.
    7) I do not eat back my exercise calories
    8) There is WAY too much info on this site. When i joined I tried to learn. Since, I've dumbed it down to "eat less and better, exercise more and harder, be patient". Nuff said.