Anyone here trying to gain weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    not so much weight, but muscle, yeah!

i guess that would happen in turn tho, but you know what i mean...any suggestions people?

other than "eat more..."
    Eat more, haha just kidding..

Eat lots of foods high in protein, and try to avoid foods with a lot of fat so the muscle will show more.

errr...and just what does dietary fat have to do with muscles showing? ((hint: nothing))
    I've always been told when cutting to avoid fats (except the healthy ones) and to avoid eating to many carbs so your body uses the fat stores for energy.

You were told wrong.
    Well it has worked for me, I'd be willing to believe you if you provided a credible source.

First of all, he is right. But one minute you mention bulking and avoiding fats and the next you mention cutting?

It is basic biology. Dietary fat =/= body fat. Too many calories = body fat.
    Was talking about the other guy to begin with, I am bulking myself atm, but when cutting I would avoid fats.

Doing a dirty bulk, need weight fast.
    84564908d3068de28ccfe1044826f7d0.png?1352934343

And thanks for clearing that up people, I don't mind being wrong, knowledge is power, I will research it more.

We all jump in here - big happy family that we are :wink:

And holy cr@p - what is your surplus our of interest?
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

Was talking about the other guy to begin with, I am bulking myself atm, but when cutting I would avoid fats.

And thanks for clearing that up people, I don't mind being wrong, knowledge is power, I will research it more.

Why are you eating at such a great surplus? You're intentionally trying to gain a large amount of body fat, only to have to cut it later?
  • ugtsnaked
    ugtsnaked Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    wow--those macros are impressive.
    I'm a pig haha, it was only 5000 calories anyway I made a mistake.
    not so much weight, but muscle, yeah!

i guess that would happen in turn tho, but you know what i mean...any suggestions people?

other than "eat more..."
    Eat more, haha just kidding..

Eat lots of foods high in protein, and try to avoid foods with a lot of fat so the muscle will show more.

errr...and just what does dietary fat have to do with muscles showing? ((hint: nothing))
    I've always been told when cutting to avoid fats (except the healthy ones) and to avoid eating to many carbs so your body uses the fat stores for energy.

You were told wrong.
    Well it has worked for me, I'd be willing to believe you if you provided a credible source.

First of all, he is right. But one minute you mention bulking and avoiding fats and the next you mention cutting?

It is basic biology. Dietary fat =/= body fat. Too many calories = body fat.

We all jump in here - big happy family that we are :wink:

And holy cr@p - what is your surplus our of interest?
    It can vary, between 1000-2000 depending on what exercise I do on that day, I'm not sure how many calories boxing for an hour burns but I know it's quite a lot.

Why are you eating at such a great surplus? You're intentionally trying to gain a large amount of body fat, only to have to cut it later?
    I added 2 items twice by mistake, it is is only 5000 calories actually, but there is a reason I'm trying to gain weight so fast regardless of if it's muscle, besides feeling rather small through most of this year.

I'm 169 lbs atm, relatively low BF, my friend is about 175, we're having a 'race' to 210 lbs, we have money bet on it only £50 but the main part is, the loser will have to get ALL hair waxed off, including the crotch area, and all those other places you don't want hair ripped out from lol. I don't think I could handle the pain.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!