I have 1 week to lose 60lbs!

Options
Ok not seriously...but I hate when I feel like this. It always seems like there is a event, party, trip etc right around the corner to remind me that I could have been thinner and fitter had I stayed on track and not lost my way. Then I sit here and dread that I'm going to be the "fat one". Tired of needing to be thin to enjoy life!

*end rant*

Thanks for listening world!

Replies

• mstocks80
    mstocks80 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree! I am constantly setting goals for myself and then don't think twice about them til the next event that I need to be thin for. Eff'n sucks. I am over being fat and sad.
  • mallorygp
    Options
    Neither of you should feel this way--you are both beautiful individuals who are working so hard to better your lives. Stay focused and realize you are doing the right thing and sometimes the right way takes time! Now go kick some *kitten*!
  • queenbree13
    queenbree13 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think all of us here in the MFP world are on the same boat! :P

I have those days all the time!
    Keep your head up, and keep at the diet or what people are calling it these days "lifestyle change"!

Good Luck (:
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate. I need to lose like 80 pounds to be at goal. Think it's doable before another round of Christmas pictures? Ha!

I figure this time I will hang in there and next year I am going to rock!!!

Good luck!
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, sometimes I think there's more to life especially cause I've dieted since around the age of 13 (mad, I know).
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sheesh! That sounds so familiar! I think that I was thinking that this morning, for absolutely no reason!

Sadly, though, it is not a race and it will happen when you and your body finally end up on the same page. Good luck to you! :)
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Guaranteed weight loss plan.

1) get kicked in the face by a horse.
    2) have jaws wired as they are broken.
    3) liquid diet
    4) weight loss

Don't tell me there is no easy way to lose weight.
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, sometimes I think there's more to life especially cause I've dieted since around the age of 13 (mad, I know).

"Mad. I know" - you're not Irish are you?
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you just haven't found the right motivation yet. When you HAVE to have it and nothing else will do, you'll get it done (so long as you don't have medical issues that have put the brakes on for you).
  • DankiStar
    Options
    Remind yourself of this moment when you are thinking of snoozing your alarm instead of going for a walk, or when you are going in to eat something that isn't going to do you any favours.

I love the saying "A year from now, you will wish that you started today". So make this minute a life changing minute. Sending you hugs and strength!
  • zero200196
    zero200196 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been in that cycle my entire life until about 2 months ago.
    Weight loss is small changes in routine and diet.
    The key is discipline, you must stick to what you set for at least 95% of the time. You can sometimes go on that binge , that midnight feast but the next day needs to go back to normal.
    Not that mentality that once you've indulged you might as well indulge all the way and before you know it all your progress is gone.
    I try to motivate myself several times a day.
    One quote I always have in my head is "You're already hurt. You're already in pain. Don't try to quit. Get a reward from it."
    Why push yourself so hard to falter?
    Hope this helps, good luck.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    As I'm looking in the fridge or cabinet for food, I think about how that food is going to help me. Will it give me energy and nutrients? or is it only fat and bad for me? This has helped me stay on track and do my best every day. I try to workout any opportunity I get even if it's only 10 minutes. I never set a time period for my weight loss only goals of poundage or inches. This keeps me motivated and on track. I've had tons of opportunities for bad foods I just chose not to partake in them. I know where I was and where I started from. I know how easy it would be to go back and I refuse to do that. I have stuck to this lifestyle for too long to go back. If you stick to your program long enough and start to see all the changes and see the differences just losing weight can do. Wow what a rush...do your best everyday!!
  • skylark916
    Options
    I think the best approach, at least, it's the one that now works for me (and believe me, it's taken me years to accept this!) is to take it one day at a time. I know it's cliché, but it can work.

Don't get me wrong, long term goals are also important, they keep you going in a straight line, but all the little things that happen along the way, day-to-day, can throw us off balance a little.

Aiming for improvement, little by little, over perfection, I think that's the key. :)
  • dragonlagan
    Options
    I think its about setting a long term goal, for say, next summer.
    Between then, take photos, measurements and set short term goals. Every 4 weeks.
    If you can, tell someone all about your journey as it will be hard to tell them you failed but at the same time, they will be your pick up. I have an amazing friend like this. I had 3 days on the pizza and he tells me that its ok and I can move forward now. Its not about falling, its about getting back up!
    I took me weight 2 weeks ago and wont look at it again until 16th Dec (my goal date), same with measurements. I know changes won't be massive but I'm pushing and thinking about it everyday. My family hasn't seen me since August so I want to impress them when they see me again
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    Use these events as goals to work harder, not to down you! Think about how great you look at these events since you've started working out & taking care of your health, compared to not at all. You've lost 9 pounds, & I'm going to assume you lost inches too, so at least at these events there will always be at least one person that says 'you look great! What have you been doing recently?' You'll be fine. Keep working hard :heart:
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    that wont happen lol
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Remind yourself of this moment when you are thinking of snoozing your alarm instead of going for a walk, or when you are going in to eat something that isn't going to do you any favours.

I love the saying "A year from now, you will wish that you started today". So make this minute a life changing minute. Sending you hugs and strength!

I actually have that saying hanging in my house! lol
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Agreed time marches in regardless if you are trying or not, which is probably the gist of your saying. Recently (like last week) I was at Disney, the da y I booked the trip I swore I would lose 30 pounds. I was steadily losing and decided that if I was At 25 or 28 I would be happy because I was losing, Of course not letting go Of my 30 pound goal. The day we left I stepped on the scale was down exactly 30 pounds, I still have a lot to lose but the time passed and I was actively losing weight. Just today I started looking through the pictures I'm still not happy with how I look most of them. Just keep telling myself how much worse it would've been 30 pounds heavier and my daughter's first trip to Disney with me running from the camera. We actually booked a return trip for next September and I'm super excited that I should be at my goal by then. I am going run all over the place having my picture taken with Mickey, Donald, Pluto, Goofy...