Why do you care if people have open food diaries ?

Options
1235»

Replies

• zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    People like excuses to be nosey, and tell others how to live.

Everytime i see an open diary, i will see one comment to the effect of

"Well hurr durr next time watch your sugar intake durrrrrr".
  • NVM87
    NVM87 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Pay closer attention. At least once a week (or sometimes a day) someone posts a thread ranting about people with closed diaries.
    [/quote]

You're probably right... Maybe I haven't noticed cause my focus is constantly on educating myself on weight loss rather than keeping an eye out for pple talking s*** bout others..this is a very popular diet tool that many pple from around the world are using...there's bound to be some bad eggs on here! Who cares everyone is entitled to their opinion
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I don't care if anyone else has theirs open to public, open to friends, or closed when it comes to picking people I want to be MFP friends. I can tell enough from what they say in comments and in their profile. Mine is open to public, although when I first joined I had it open to friends only. I comment on the forums enough that I decided to make mine open. I think that people who post in the forums asking for advice on what they are doing wrong or how to break a plateau should open theirs, at least temporarily, so people can respond with some knowledge of what may be the problem. I would have kept mine closed had I started my weight loss journey here, rather than WW, at least at the beginning.
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have an open food diary. For the first couple of weeks it was closed, and no-one commented. I decided to open it to friends because I could see them giving each other good feedback and advice. It doesn't bother me if someone has an open or closed diary, I think having it open to my friends can only be positive.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I just find that I'm more honest with it closed, if its open I tend to not log "every single bite" but thats just me.
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Oh, see I HAVE to be honest because I know that I am only cheating myself.
    So if I am going to be honest and my diary is OPEN then I better eat right, so it motivates me to do better! =)
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this, but I keep mine open to friends. I'm expecting them to help keep me accountable. I'd be more likely to make poor food choices if I wasn't worried about someone else seeing them.
  • JaciaW
    JaciaW Posts: 10
    Options
    I can definitely see both advantages and disadvantages to have an open diary. Personally, I have experienced a lot of judging for people when my diary was open. Certain members sent me personal messages accusing me of having an eating disorder because I was under my calories for almost a week. It's really sad that people would come to such a conclusion when I was not feeling well so I didn't have much of an appetite. I've also had people call me out on slipping on and eating not so healthy food. So what if I chose to eat pizza one night? There's nothing wrong with indulging every once in a while. I don't get why people would get so worked up about someone else eating something "bad" when it's not their body and they don't know the situation.
  • JeepGirl56
    Options
    We can do this journey.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap. Who would seriously go thru other people's diaries to "feel better about themselves and their slipups"? That's pathetic.

I'm nosey. I like looking at what other people that are doing really good put into their bodies. Some lead by example and don't even realize it.