looking for an Accurate bathroom scale with body analyser

Options
Hi,

I've been meaning to buy a new bathroom scale because mine is not always consistent. I also want a body fat % function :)
Which ones do you guys use, that is accure, consistent and not extremely expensive.

In my gym, they use an Omron scale with a device you should hold in your hands, but I've read some pretty negative reviews concerning accuraty on Amazon about it, and honestly, it said my body fat % was 47%, whereas a Tanita scale in the hospital this summer told me it was 40% (and i was about 15 lbs heavier then). Who has experience with Omron? http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HBF-514C-Composition-Sensing-Monitor/dp/B0020MMCDE/ref=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1352884250&sr=1-3&keywords=omron

I also have found this one, which has only good reviews, but I was wondering if anyone uses this brand and is happy about it:
http://www.amazon.com/Epica-Precision-Capacity-Recognition-Technology/dp/B008L32GBO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1FJMQTN87NSB6&coliid=I9JEXJ8C26C1U

Any other tips are welcome :) Thanks!

Replies

• EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    None of those scales can give you an accurate body fat %.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    They just give rough readings, the only way to get a solid body fat reading is to get it done by the doctor with all their fancy equipment etc
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Have to agree and say that if you want an accurate reading then go see your doctor
    or local nurse and get checked

we use the salter my body scales and you can download the data to your laptop
    and keep track it gives you fat % water % residual fat (around your organs fat)
    they are a bit more expensive but worth it

hope this helps a little

V xx
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    None of them are accurate but you can see a downward trend as you loose the body fat as long as you use it at the same time of day everytime. I found online it says my bodyfat is 27%, my Fitbit Aria scales say 29% and the Omron scales at the doctors said 32%!!! Doctor said there is no way the Omron was correct so right now I don't think too much of it.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Omron read me as much higher than I am too. It's been a couple months and I'm still bitter about it.
  • ultim8fury
    Options
    I love the withings scale and the integration it has with fitbit and MFP and all the other sites and services I use but like any other scale that measure BF% using conductivity of the skin it's useless on a measurement by measurement basis, however the trend is more important over time.
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm also more interested in the trend (going downwards, possibly :smile: ) than the actual number. I want the trend to be consistent. At the moment, my scale bops up and down in a matter of seconds, and it drives me crazy...
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I use the omron - I have nothing to compare it to other than the very rough estimates you can get by putting height weight and measurements into online calculators. So maybe it is wrong, but the important thing for me is that it seems to be consistent, so I will be able to monitor a downward trend. I don't need to know exactly, just so long as things are improving.