pissed off abit

Options
i am proud to say i live in a small town, meaning small is that we have 1 food shop
and 1 clothing shop, you know everyone business and they know your
being struggling to lose weight for this last year, mostly my fault not losing but
but found out that we are getting a kfc in our town, people realy why is it
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh
how am i going to do that with tempation around the corner!!

Replies

• RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    You will show your immense will power, and then maybe only have a very short journey to make when you do treat yourself every now and then!
  • diverdiza
    diverdiza Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    There are many things that tempt me but KFC is not one of them.. Just pretend it doesn't exist.
  • FinFoxPT
    FinFoxPT Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I used to have a thing for Pringles (crisps). A friend of mine learned from a slimming club that if i wanted to understand just how much fat is in them i should set one alight... i did, i haven't eaten one since. It is always mind over matter and as far as KFC is concerned i've seen the video's of where the chickens come from and having smelt the grease just walking past the shop i have to say i'm not bothered about that anymore. Once you find something to put you off a certain food a connection is made in your brain and the attachment to it isn't there anymore. I love making my own kfc style fried chicken, it's much tastier, healthier and it's guilt free.

Best of luck!

Fin x
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I've never found KFC's food to be that tasty. Even if I did like it, the deplorable factory farm conditions the chickens come from is enough to make me never tempted.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    whole chickens full of hormones and crap shoved into a food processer and turned into some kinda of meat like substance...no thank you ><

i get the frustration, but this shows how far we have to go still today... it will be awhile before organic supermarkets or even just a healthier kind of restaurant will come before fast food :(
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I've never found KFC's food to be that tasty. Even if I did like it, the deplorable factory farm conditions the chickens come from is enough to make me never tempted.

and this :(
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    There is a great documentary out there about how KFC make their "food" - watch that, and the temptation will very quickly disappear for good!
  • laxwyo
    laxwyo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Nothing is more organic than hunting and harvesting you own meat for the table.
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Laxwyo, totally true.

But for those talking about how the food at kfc isnt good for you, it isnt meant to be, it is meant to be a treat every now and then if you like their food, if you don't fine but some people do.

As for saying everything should be organic, that doesnt affect the living conditions of the animal the meat comes from, just that they are not fed food containing synthetic substances or food made from crops treated with pesticide and other chemicals, added to the fact that KFC at least in the uk compies with Red Tractor specifications, meaning any animals that provide the meet must come from famrs with very high welfare standards for the animals, and all the boneless meals are made from breast meat, and other on the bone stuff is obviously on the bone so no reconstituted foods there.

Too many people getting on high horses, the OP simply asked how to stop herself buying food that she enjoys, not a morality and nutritional lesson. Personally I don't mind kfc once every while but I don't make my choices based on ill informed incorrect information.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    First you say that it's your fault for not losing weight this year, so first you need to rethink and look at WHY you have not. Then make a plan to start losing weight. So KFC is coming to town. It doesn't mean you have to go. We are all tempted daily with food choices. Some days I win and some days I don't. I try to win more than lose. It is a challenge to stay on track for some people . Some people never go off plan and that is great.

You first have to want to lose the weight and have a plan of action. If you try KFC for a treat make the best choice while you are there and plan extra exercise to help with what you ate.

Make a plan that works for you and then work that plan to lose your weight. Good luck.
  • Medwayguy
    Options
    i am proud to say i live in a small town, meaning small is that we have 1 food shop
    being struggling to lose weight for this last year, mostly my fault not losing but
    aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Perhaps this will help with your KFC temptation...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQfwj2M9_xE
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Too many people getting on high horses, the OP simply asked how to stop herself buying food that she enjoys, not a morality and nutritional lesson. Personally I don't mind kfc once every while but I don't make my choices based on ill informed incorrect information.

One way I managed to resist junk food cravings is by learning how that food is produced and considering whether I can make peace with that - I can't so it works for me and that is the point, not the high horse or morale issue. Everyone is responsible for their own actions and have to live with their conscience. However, where I come from, organic does stipulate more than just what an animal is fed, it regulates how it is reared, kept, slaughtered, everything. (Btw, the red tractor scheme isn't particular great when it comes to welfare standards, it is the lowest of the possible labels one can stick on food to pretend one cares.)

I agree with Laxwyo, if we all had to hunt for our meat, we would all live as organic as possible :-)

But when it comes to resisting fast food - conscience combined with healthy alternatives win 100% of the time for me.
  • shishi71
    shishi71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Laxwyo, totally true.

But for those talking about how the food at kfc isnt good for you, it isnt meant to be, it is meant to be a treat every now and then if you like their food, if you don't fine but some people do.

As for saying everything should be organic, that doesnt affect the living conditions of the animal the meat comes from, just that they are not fed food containing synthetic substances or food made from crops treated with pesticide and other chemicals, added to the fact that KFC at least in the uk compies with Red Tractor specifications, meaning any animals that provide the meet must come from famrs with very high welfare standards for the animals, and all the boneless meals are made from breast meat, and other on the bone stuff is obviously on the bone so no reconstituted foods there.

Funny I was just thinking this very thing, Unfortunately sometimes it's about willpower and not the morality of the issue. If you're like me sometimes the willpower is very high but sometimes, just enought to sabotage all my hard work, it is very low. All we can do is keep trying. There are so many cliches I could spout for why we shouldn't give up the fight but the bottom line is we have to do it for one reason and one reason only. We are ready. Any encouragement I can give to any of you all, please feel free to message me. Be strong. We can do this!
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    Nothing cured my craving for KFC like trying it. After eating clean for awhile, I gave in, and the grease made me queasy! Yech!
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have never eaten KFC and not regretted it! However, I know your pain!

I live right down the road from a McDonald's and drive past it every night on my way home from work. I can tell you now...when you've worked a long shift on your feet dealing with customers and you haven't had dinner and it's 10pm and you don't feel like cooking...the temptation to just drive through McDonald's is unbelievable!

It all just comes down to willpower in the end. Remember how good you feel when you see results and how much hard work you are doing. You don't want to sabotage that, but you also don't want to feel deprived or like you are on a "diet" and are "not allowed" to eat KFC, because that feeling is the quickest road to giving up!!

If it's something that you absolutely MUST have, try budgetting your calories so that you have some extra saved up for a meal once in a while. It IS possible to treat yourself and still lose weight, just make sure that you log EVERYTHING, even if it takes you over your goal. Sometimes just seeing the calories is enough to turn you off it :)
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh
    Just work out and learn how to include all foods into your daily calories.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. In the town I live in, there's a crapload of fast food places. It's like the town wants people to be fat. Ugh! But keep your willpower up and just remember that if you don't indulge too much, you will be healthier than those who will take advantage of it all the time. You will be ahead, while they will be left behind.
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Alrighty this is going to sound DISGUSTING but it certainly helps me. Someone posted this series of photos on Facebook ages ago that showed someone taking a dead rat (told you it was disgusting) and skinning it and cutting it and preparing it so that it looks like a piece of KFC chicken, even cooking it and showing the meat inside. Anytime I get the urge to have KFC I think of those photos, and it certainly turns me right off of it!
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    ..... Temptation? Sorry. No.

I like to remember that KFC is grease-ridden disgustingness. There's not a single SALAD on their menu that doesn't have a MAYONNAISE base either. Come on.... am I the only one pulling a WTF on that one? Their menu is DESIGNED to create fat people. Mashed potatoes... corn... HELLO?! What happened to "Garden Salad"?

I understand that in the USA you guys have grilled chicken in some locations. Well, us Canadians don't have that option. It's grease, or no grease.

So I wouldn't touch KFC if it was the ONLY food for miles, & I was STARVING.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and take a day and look up the nutritional values of your favorite things at kfc. Keep that in mind before you go. Also I don't really agree with the comment about organic isn't any different on how its raised. Most of the time, at least for the meat where I come from, organic meats are usually labeled as pasture rasied or free range. I know those have iffy titles but I know my chicken, when I do eat it, isn't standing crammed shoulder to shoulder being fed diets to make the grow so fast that their muscles can't even support their own weight and are forced to stand in it's own excrement. And the amount of ammonia that is produced in the small space burns the feathers off. OP, maybe read my last couple of sentences and that'll turn you off from eating chicken from kfc, or most places for that matter.

I also remember in high school that girls would want to eat the chicken because they knew it had hormones pumped in it, and they thought their boobs would grow bigger/faster. Sad.

Also, I'm sure someone may have something rude to responde to this, but you can save your time, and just post directly to the OP you thoughts, this thread was not posted by me, so no need to give me any feedback.