late night eating !!!

Options
Hi can anyone give me a few simple ideas to stop late night snacking....I do all the right things during the day (nearly) but I hit 10pm and its a real struggle to resist. Thanks.

Replies

• Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Are you snacking from bordom...or hunger? And is the issue that you don't want to be eating late at night or you are going over your calories by eating late?

I eat from 6am to midnight pretty much everyday so I don't personally go on the belief that one needs to stop eating by a certain time, and I just can't go to sleep hungry. So I always have the calories ready.

So if the issue is you are going over cals with snacking then you will need to figure out a way of changing you daily diet to reserve some of your calories for night time.

If the problem is hunger but not wanting to eat so late then make sure your dinner is jam packed with lean protein and healthy fats that should hopefully keep your sated till morning.

If the problem is bordom I can't help much...maybe get a hobby?
  • chefjpl0211
    Options
    Hi thanks for that....defo not boredom I am working til late (with food) 6 days a week.
    I was always under the impression it wasnt good to go to bed full of snacky things....My calorie count is fine and i have plenty in the bank at that time of night....its just maybe habit and im sure i can break it....as for a hobby, two kids cycling, fishing and work work work.
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    It seems that probably your work schedule is different from others, maybe you should dine later since you work in a different shift...
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks for that....defo not boredom I am working til late (with food) 6 days a week.
    I was always under the impression it wasnt good to go to bed full of snacky things....My calorie count is fine and i have plenty in the bank at that time of night....its just maybe habit and im sure i can break it....as for a hobby, two kids cycling, fishing and work work work.

I guess It depends on what your snacky things are in the end too....A lot of people think your shouldn't eat late, and others think it doesn't matter as long as it fits your calorie goal, so you will probably have to look into it more to see what works for you, and what peoples opinions and reasoning are...But like rvicini said, if you are on a different work schedule than regular 9-5, you will probably have to time your meals differently too. Snacks in them selves are not necessary a bad thing, its really just what you are snacking on, so maybe that is what need to be changed, try make sure you always have good snacks ready and available like veggie sticks or popcorn, yoghurt, nuts or fruit etc, depending on you macros (as opposed to the less great stuff like sweets, chips, cookies etc)

:laugh: I hear you on the hobby stuff, my hobby is sleeping! ;)