fitbit

Options
To fitbit or not fitbit? contemplating which one to get if i do decide to get one...do i really need my sleep monitored? how accurate is it?? is it worth the money?? HELP! Thanks!

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    If you do a search you will see loads of threads on this. If you want sleep monitored, it will need to be the old 'Ultra' which is now reduced on many sites or the new 'One'.
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I got the Fitbit One not necessarily for the sleep monitor feature. I got it because it counts stairs. the zip does not. I have stairs at home and at work and I want them to count. lol
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I love mine. It helped me get a better idea of what my TDEE was so I could get my calorie goals set appropriately and motivated me to get more steps in every day.

As far as sleep monitoring goes, I think it's pretty useless. All it does is tell me if I moved around or not.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit ultra -- I LOVE it! Can't say enough good things about it. I have NEVER had ANY issues with mine. I know I see a lot of people struggling with theirs..and I think some people just make stuff way too hard..try to over think it.

I won't leave the house without mine and have actually drove back home to grab it. It keeps me motivated to keep moving through out the day. And when I make my trips to the grocery store..I park wayyyyyyy far away from the door so I can get my steps in..and do laps around the store instead of just walking up and down the aisles. ( ps warning the security people may start following you) -- seriously have had it happen.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I had to change the sleep tracker from normal to sensitive. Set to normal it didn't do a very good job.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit ultra and I love it! I purchased it in May because I do a lot of walking for cardio and wanted to push myself to go farther in a day. Not only do I feel that it motivates me to move more, I love that it syncs with MFP so my other workouts are logged by both sites. It also pushes me to find some stairs and CLIMB!! :happy:

I like being aware of my sleep patterns and how long I have slept.

I can also speak to their AMAZING customer service! Last Saturday I busted mine and guess what? A new one is already on its way to me free of charge!!! They responded to my email on a weekend and had my shipment ready to go for the next business day. I highly recommend Fitbit and the company as well!!
  • Dcvanasse
    Dcvanasse Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the Ultra and I'm glad I got it. It really does motivate me to move more and I find myself always trying to get above 11,000 steps, but then, I'm always trying to beat the ETA on my GPS too. :-) I also like that it keeps track of hills and stairs climbed ( I think the new one does that as well). The sleep feature is actually pretty cool, maybe not necessary, but accurate and cool. The only thing I've found is that I think sometimes it overestimates the number of steps taken. Not always, but it happens. I haven't had any problems syncing it, I leave the base plugged in to the computer and it automatically updates. It does work well with MFP. I think it gives me the boost I need and like I said, I'm glad I got it. I say go for it! :-)
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Absolutely LOVE my Fitbit Ultra. I have my sleep set to normal though. Sensitive made it lok like I was up dancing in my sleep hahaha.
    It's an amazing motivator, I wear it on my bra and just change it out as I change my bra. I haven't forgotten it in a very long time. I find the burn to be accurate within 50 calories on what my hrm reads.

Their customer service is out of this world wonderful. They sent me a brand new one, no questionsa asked when mine started acting funny. I didn;t even have to ship the old one back.

I never want to be without my fitbit again. I will upgrade to the one at some point.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    it flashes cute little things at you during the day too...like you tell it what you want it to call you and then you'll see "walk me _____" and the name you said. Reminds me of those electronic pets the kids used to have that told them to feed it and stuff. This wants to "move it" and "walk"