Fruit or not to Fruit

Options
I have no trouble eating all my vegies and then some...I love them! However, I just had a nutrition profile tell me that I need more fruit intake. My problem is I am trying to keep the sugar count low to none. What fruits are there with low sugar? Any suggestions would help.

Replies

• lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    mmmmm.....cantaloupe!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    All fruit has sugar in it - which I've recently learned our bodies REALLY, REALLY need (but not too much). I tailor my fruit intake to those that will provide the most value to me. For instance, blueberries have a lot of anti-oxidants in them so I have a serving of those in a protein shake. Bananas (which are TERRIBLE on sugar) have a lot of potassium so I eat a half of one of those every now and then. Organic apples have fiber in them so I have one of those. I LOVE apples. So have a fruit or two each day. If you are worried about the sugar content, eat them early in the day so that you have a longer time period to burn off that sugar.
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    Stay away from pineapple!

I love apples - with a touch of peanut butter :love:
  • Clara
    Clara Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Berries, berries, berries! They have the lowest sugar content!
  • sexychic
    Options
    watermelon! berries! apples! :happy:
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Stay away from pineapple!

I love apples - with a touch of peanut butter :love:

Of course, I had pineapple last night and that's what triggered my question. Berries it is. I can sneak those in my morning Fiber One cereal, pb & a sounds good too! Thanks for the info
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I try to keep my fruit in the morning with breakfast and my morning snack b/c they are higher in sugars. I normally eat them before/after a workout for my carb :)
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Cherries, Plums, Grapefruit, Peaches, Apples, Pears, Dried Apricots, Grapes, Kiwi, Oranges, Strawberries and other berries
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Isn't V8 good for you? It has fruits AND vegetables.