Pepsi Special Sold In Japan Claims To Block Fat

Options
Bakkasan
Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/11/12/pepsi-special-sold-in-japan-claims-to-block-fat/

Unlike the Pepsi bought in the USA, the Japanese will be able to buy something called Pepsi Special.

It contains an additive called Dextrin, a fat-blocking fiber that is supposed to keep the body from absorbing fat and lower cholesterol levels. That’s a claim that the Food & Drug Administration has not yet bought.

- I remember olestra and the violent cramps and runs that follow.

Replies

• AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Here's a commercial for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv12V_wEeAA
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I saw that article. Could you imagine the number of people in America that would jump on that?
    They would be lined up at McDonald's --- I will have 3 double cheeseburgers, 2 large french fries and a large Pepsi Special.
    lol.
    Now, if they made something that could block calories, carbs, and fat....I might have to try it. lol
  • Sean_The_IT_Guy
    Options
    Oh dear. Does the fiber it contains absorb the fat in your gut, or does it just block the body from absorbing it? Will this have similar effects to other fat blockers, which list "loose stool" (otherwise known as the hershey squirts) as a side effect?
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. Does the fiber it contains absorb the fat in your gut, or does it just block the body from absorbing it? Will this have similar effects to other fat blockers, which list "loose stool" (otherwise known as the hershey squirts) as a side effect?

Yes, lol. Every bottle of Pepsi Special comes with a free sample of adult diapers.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Dextrin is used to bind fireworks, to create the 'star' effects, lol. Yes, I would like to eat some of that please....