Better-N-Peanutbutter

Options
2»

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Healthy fats are much better for you than eating peanut butter flavored chemical concoctions.

I don’t see any chemical concoctions. I see its made of

PEANUTS (AS DEFATTED PEANUT FLOUR AND NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER),

TAPIOCA SYRUP,

PURE WATER,

DEHYDRATED CANE JUICE,

RICE SYRUP,

VEGETABLE GLYCERIN,

SOY FLOUR,

SALT,

TAPIOCA STARCH,

NATURAL FOOD FLAVORS,

PAPRIKA

ANNATO,

CALCIUM CARBONATE,

LECITHIN, VITAMINS E & C (ANTIOXIDANTS).

You may want to investigate what "natural food flavors" are. They aren't natural. Or food.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Why are you shooting for such a low fat total? Are you 90 lbs? If not, that is an extremely low daily fat amount. Fat does not make you fat if in a caloric deficit and is an essential nutrient.
  • Papadragonb
    Papadragonb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have found that denying myself what I want, leads to a problem in other ways (I tend to over-compensate by eating too much of something else). I too like penut butter, and if I have a craving, I eat me some, just keeping control on the amount I eat, and make sure that I am withing my daily calories. Every once i a while I will over do on the amount, because it tastes really good that day...I simply walk an extra 10 minutes or some other exercise, so I get what was good, and what was good for me...win win.
  • thebowhunter
    Options
    Why are you shooting for such a low fat total? Are you 90 lbs? If not, that is an extremely low daily fat amount. Fat does not make you fat if in a caloric deficit and is an essential nutrient.

Im using a high fiber, high protien and low fat meal plan. I dont miss the fat and am enjoying the foods I eat. Its just that Peanut butter is very high in fat (good bad or otherwise, its high in fat) Its been working very well for me and im losing weight at a very good rate without feeling like I am on a "Diet". I happen to like the tase and texture od the better-n-peanutbutter so I dont think im missing out in any way and I take in less fat using it.

There are just north of 90 grams of fat in a stick of butter. My daily fat intake is about equivalent to a 1/3 of a stick of butter except I get it not from butter but from meats and the other foods I eat.