I think I need an intervention

Options
I am addicted to Bolthouse farms mocha cappuccino!!! They are a caloric nightmare, cost more than most the groceries in my cart, and are pure dairy, yet I can't stop buying them. I drink them frozen which completely satisfies any craving for ice cream. Help does anyone know of any alternatives?

Replies

• maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    how about making a choice for yourself? to drink it means disaster with your goals .. drink something else ..water with lemon or coffee or tea ..ect ... perhaps you can behave yourself for the entire week and pick one day where you can treat yourself to one of them drinks that you like so much too..
  • seabee78
    seabee78 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've seen recipes online where you can make your own "copycat" frozen beverage. I can't look it up now but probably Nutella, Almond Milk , ice, maybe some dark chocolate chips, protein powder.
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge ice cream fan but I found Fage Greek yogurt satisfies an ice cream fix. Honey and a touch of cinnamon.
  • murphyraven
    murphyraven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this recipe yet but it's saved in my browser favorites to try in the summer months when i get a frappuccino craving.

http://foodbabe.com/2012/07/18/organic-homemade-starbucks-frappuccino/

Food Babe’s Homemade Organic Frappucino

Ingredients
    ■1 and ½ cup coffee
    ■1/2 cup almond milk
    ■2 tbsp raw cacao powder
    ■2 pitted dates
    ■1 frozen banana
    ■10 ice cubes

Directions
    1.Place all ingredients in blender and blend well

Makes 2 delicious servings!
  • crickette0435
    Options
    I've seen recipes online where you can make your own "copycat" frozen beverage. I can't look it up now but probably Nutella, Almond Milk , ice, maybe some dark chocolate chips, protein powder.

This is do-able. Thank you for the suggestion:drinker:
  • crickette0435
    Options
    I haven't tried this recipe yet but it's saved in my browser favorites to try in the summer months when i get a frappuccino craving.

http://foodbabe.com/2012/07/18/organic-homemade-starbucks-frappuccino/

Food Babe’s Homemade Organic Frappucino

Ingredients
    ■1 and ½ cup coffee
    ■1/2 cup almond milk
    ■2 tbsp raw cacao powder
    ■2 pitted dates
    ■1 frozen banana
    ■10 ice cubes

Directions
    1.Place all ingredients in blender and blend well

Makes 2 delicious servings!

I am going to try this one today. I dont know about the pitted dates though. I will let you know how it comes out.