Why wait till January when we can start today?

Options
I'm new to this website so if anyone would like to add me that'd be great :) I've already lost 9 lbs on my own since the end of Sept 2012 just by cutting out the daily fast food (which is a constant temptation for me cause I'm a manager at a restaurant). I'm looking to loose about 30lbs in total to be at my goal weight but it's getting harder so I signed up here. Although you would think working in fast food I could find lots of coworkers who want to make changes too, but unfortunately that isn't the case :( Instead I'm met with a lot of people who SAY they want to, but always seem to have plans when I suggest trying out the gym. I know in January when resolutions come out I might be able to find some people but I want to start TODAY, not TOMORROW. No more excuses! And this way I'll have a few months kick start on my journey! Seems I'll have to do this weight lose thing alone for now, but I'm determined to get where I want to be so let's hope I can stick to it! :)

Current goal: loose 10 lb by my anniversary with the bf (Jan 2013)

Replies

• Fitness_withsarah
    Options
    I love your mindset !! You can do it :) I'll add you
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I hear you I just re-evaluated my goals and posted them here on my blog. One of them is to lose through the holidays (even if slower) and not have to make that resolution again. I want to lose 50 or so more pounds and see where that gets me and go from there. I am active, log everything I eat everyday, add me if you like and we can work together to not make a new years resolution. :smile:
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I agree! Funny - I usually do start new fitness goals just before the holidays because I want to have something to focus on other than food.
  • CasablancasTX
    Options
    Who's waiting til January?
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    thats great!! i love your mindset. i sent u a friend request. :)
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions. I do the d@mn thing every single day!
  • Coming4U
    Coming4U Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great attitude. Why put off till tomorrow what you can do today?
  • evanesco
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've eaten fast food 6 days out of 8 since I started in july and have still lost an average or 0.9lbs a week.
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    Agree, I don't buy this stuff of "I will start in a week/month/year" etc its fruitless.
    Do it now - whilst its fresh in your mind and that you really want to do it.

Doing the good things like weight loss and quitting smoking make you realise one major thing - Why did it take me so long to make the change, everyone I speak to wishes they started it sooner (me included).
  • GoingAllTheWay4MeDee
    Options
    Great attitude!!! Feel free to add me.
  • clopez1987
    clopez1987 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i sooo agree with you! there is no better time to start than TODAY! ...and it feels soooo GOOOD!
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    What a great attitude! :bigsmile: :drinker: I'm sending a FR your way.