Introducing Self!

I am 18 years old, have two little girls, am a full-time online student, work part-time, and still find time to workout every week. I started on MFP three days ago for an assignment for my health class. The first day I used as a test run to see how many calories I usually eat in a day... well I had -1000 and some! :/ Needless to say.. I really needed to change my eating habits. Yesterday, I was able to keep it at -600 :D Much better! So today we will see!
Anyways, the exercise part isn't my weakness anymore, it's the eating part. I never realized how fast calories add up! Now, that I have actually started working out, I love it!
I have faith in everyone on this site that if you put your mind to it, you will succeed!

Replies

• jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Wow! Sounds like a super busy life! MFP is a great community (for the most part). I have learned lots of things about eating and fitness.
  • we have much in common, i'm a single mom of 3, work part time, school full time and i work out almost everyday. my best friend introduced me to this site and i love it, i am astounded by some of the things i would eat before that are really high in calories even some of the salads being more then a cheeseburger. best of luck with your weight loss and your busy lifestyle, we're all in it together :smile:
  • Hey great your so busy and still find time for yourself.
    I started 2 days ago just want to know what is healthy food and this is a nice way to learn it.
    good luck and don't give up the good work ;-)
  • Hi! I'm Rachel, 25. Just moved to Cali 3 months ago, moved from VA. I have a 5 yr old son in Kindergarten. I'm trying to go back to school next year. Want to get an Anthropology degree. I want to be a youth pastor, or whatever God wants me to do in youth group field. I love coffee, especially Starbucks. We have a french press, from Starbucks, and we make 3-4 those a day (it holds up to 3 8oz servings). I've recently just started to eat healthier, but I do love my creamer for coffee, especially Irish Cream, and candy. umm yeah....
    One of the reasons I signed up for FitnessPal is because I like the tracking and I need/want more accountability partners. Plus, reading how everyone is doing really helps me. Tells me that I can do it too :)
  • Was introduced to MFP though a friend at work. Been doing it for about 3 weeks now and it has to been the easiest thing to do. I tried to do the point thing and that wasn't for me. Counting Cal is alot more easier for me. If it looks like your going to run out of Cals. I just jump on my bike after work and ride for a hour or so and its all good. At night If I want a snack, I check MFP to see were i'm at for the day, and then have a snack that fits into what I have left in Cals.
  • That is a good idea! I can't always go and work out because I have my girls to watch after work, but on the days that i get off early I try to go or on the days that I'm off
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    awesome that you still find time to care about your health with all that going on! thats really impressive i hope your able to reach whatever goal your going for!!