LADIES!!! do you still have that muffin top??

Options

Replies

• Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I had a muffin top at 115lbs in my teens so I know I will always have one. My stomach is two sizes larger than my butt and thighs. Unless after losing another 50 and spending thousands on a a tummy tuck/skin removal surgery then I may not have one.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yENYdGnxmhg&feature=share&list=PL0E1AAF3040DDE361

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_J8btnIEKQ&feature=share&list=PL0E1AAF3040DDE361

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93e5RP8Wd5I&feature=share&list=PL0E1AAF3040DDE361

Here's some great youtube vids that really focus on your waist/obliques. Search for obliques on youtube. you'll find tons of stuff. But, what other people said is right...at a 3 lbs loss, you still have a ways to go before you start seeing major changes in your body.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    i have a whole bakery top..
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    My muffin top is all that
    Whole grain, low fat
    I know you wanna get with that
    But I just wanna dance

<3<3<3
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I never had a muffin top
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    If I wear jeans that are too small then yes I still have a muffin top.. so I wear jeans that actually fit.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Ive had a child, so i dont think my muffin top is ever going to "go away". Best this you can do is wear proper fitting pants.
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've always had an issue with this area, even now after losing a lot of weight. I'm a size 11 in jeans right now, so still some weight to lose. I do wear jeans that fit, but I still have a small muffin top. It seems the last place the weight wants to leave! I do Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones and Extreme Abs to target this. I have seen a huge improvement, but there is still a little left, even after losing a lot of weight. I am hoping after I lose the last 26 lbs it will be gone!
  • Cougarita65
    Cougarita65 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    No one ever has to have muffin top....buy the right size pant!!!
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Only if I wear pants that are too tight for me...
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Um, I've never had one, despite having a good sized gut. I pay attention to how pants fit me before I buy them. Don't you all?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Ditto the "right pants" suggestion. Not just size, but fit. Some people get less muffin top with low rise, some (like me) need mid-rise. I have a small waist and a big butt so I'm going to need different pants than women with a bigger waist and a smaller butt. There are million types of pants out there, keep looking until you find some that fit right, or get some to fit the biggest part of you and have the rest of them tailored.
  • calimoma
    Options
    i can tell my tummy is getting smaller. slowly but surely. quitting alcohol totally helped! still have a ways to go tho!!
  • jonesie84
    jonesie84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I agree that weating pants true to size takes the muffin top away. However, i had 2 csections and have a muffin top right above my incision line i guess you could say. I do 200 crunches 4 days a week and i basically hurt to the point where i cant breathe after. it takes ALOT of work. I have lost alot of weight and am still not happy with my stomach because now i have extra skin there too. Just work hard and it will get better.

22233788.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    all gone
  • jonesie84
    jonesie84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I also thcut all carbonated beverages including beer and it helped take the bloated look away a bit!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Ab exercises won't make you lose fat from your mid-section. They will strengthen the muscles but the fat will still be there. Calorie deficit removes fat, and the body gets to choice where from. Extra skin from pregnancy is a separate issue...
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I found wearing juniors style jeans in a size that fits reduces muffin top dramatically (and they're really cool and make me look hot). The lower waist really helps. And my nieces don't tell me I'm wearing mom jeans. Bonus.

I love Juniors jeans but the biggest problem for me is most of them are skinny legged & I have the fattest calves in the world! :sad:
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    for some of us, it is not as simple as buying pants that fit. If I buy pants that fit perfectly in the waist, they are HUGE in the butt and thighs.
  • desiree7hanson
    desiree7hanson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    my puffy midsection goes away faster when I'm working out to include running/cardio classes and weight lifting. Wjen I'm just dieting, I lose the weight, but it takes a lot longer to notice a change in my midsection.