I hate drinking 8 glasses of water a day!

Options
:grumble:

Replies

• bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I used to but I bought one of those big cups with a straw and it's so easy now! I don't know why it works but it does!
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get flavored water... or flavoring for my water...
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Suck it up buttercup!
  • juliebateman
    Options
    Have you tried adding cucumber slices, lemon or melon to make it taste better? I like the big cups with the straws too :)
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get flavored water... or flavoring for my water...

^this. And also, a 4 glass container with a straw definitely helps.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!! Fill it up 4 times and ou've drank your 8 glasses!
  • lil9tails
    Options
    It is a little annoyance but it's good for you... I keep a cold pitcher of filtered water with me so it's not too much trouble to just get up and pour some. And it's better cold :drinker:
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I think drinking out of a straw helps a lot for some reason. I also like to add a lemon to mine sometimes. Good Luck! Keep drinkin that water ;)
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have no trouble drinking my water now that I add Mio or Dasani drops. 0 cal, fat, and carbs. I just use enough to give a hint of flavor to my water.
  • RichardWhitman
    RichardWhitman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    So don't. I don't. Don't worry about it. That you NEED to is a myth.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    If I try to sip it out of a glass I simply can't do it. I use either one of those cups with straws (which seem to be super popular on this thread...lol) or I use a regular glass and a straw. I also keep a glass of water by my bed (also with a straw)--every time I wake up at night I take a couple slugs. Every little bit helps!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Then don't.

You can get plenty of water through your food intake, especially if you eat a lot of fruit and veg.

A couple of glasses a day will be more than enough unless you are engaging in vigorous exercise. Then it's important to keep well hydrated and your electrolytes topped up to maintain peak performance.
  • CasablancasTX
    Options
    This is kinda weird, but what works for me is drinking out of the Smart water bottles with the 'sports' cap. The cap distributes the water so well that I just drink more. It's easy for me to drink 4 of these in a day and each one holds 23 ounces.
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    So don't. I don't. Don't worry about it. That you NEED to is a myth.

Hmmm. Not so sure about that.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Like others said, try it different ways-out of a glass, a cup, a mug, a straw, with flavors, without flavors. I used to hate water but then stated drinking only iced water and now I can drink room temp. water
  • droberts3311
    Options
    People make fun, but when it is cold I drink hot water with a splash of milk, vanilla flavoring, natural of course. Relaxing and takes the snack time urge away sometimes. :drinker:
  • mommyz722
    Options
    I put cucumber, mint and lemmon in a pitcher. Let it sit overnight. And bam, you have some mighty fine tasting water. There are all kinds of different ways to make water yummy!
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I must be weird, I love water. I drink this + milk, almost no soda ever but sometimes wine...I often get the strange look when I'm out to step parents and all I want to drink is water, but it's a way of life. I prefer to eat calories than drink them !
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Then don't.

You can get plenty of water through your food intake, especially if you eat a lot of fruit and veg.

A couple of glasses a day will be more than enough unless you are engaging in vigorous exercise. Then it's important to keep well hydrated and your electrolytes topped up to maintain peak performance.
    There's also tea and other drinks that I count as water.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    If you don't like 8 glasses drink 9. Is it too little or to much?