losing the belly fat

mom020305
mom020305 Posts: 33
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi

I am fairly new to the boards. I started my weight loss a year ago, 1/17/09 and since then I have lost 60 lbs. I recently just started couting my calories since I hit that plateau. I have dropped 4 clothing sizes.
I can't seem to get get rid of the stupid belly fat. I am apple shaped and I would be quite please with the rest of my body but my stomach isn't where I would like it to be. I work out 6 days a week 35-40 a mintues a day and those workouts include abs or I will do them separately later in the day.
Is there any foods that I should avoid to help with this?

Thanks so much!
Kimberly

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    The only way to loose fat is burn more calories than you take in. Unfortunately it is impossible to target weight loss to any one area. If you keep loosing weight you will eventually loose the belly fat.
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Seriously, I hear you!!!! Belly Fat is not fun!! You have done a terrific job though. Exercise, exercise, exercise...thats the only advice I have....Hopefully someone else will respond with a better answer for us both! :):drinker:
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Thats awesome. I try to excercise when Im hungry. Also, stay away from carbs, as I seem to think t hey add belly fat quicker. I have the same issue. Sometimes when you build ab muscle under the fat, the bulge looks like it is still there. I would continue trying to burn burn burn, eventually the belly will come off sooner or later
  • I am apple shaped as well, and yes it seems that is harder to burn belly fat for us. Actually its not that is harder, its just we store more fat in the upper body. Unfortunately we can't target weight loss, but I can tell you that cardio is the only thing that will rid the belly fat, and ab exercises tone it up. I would suggest doing your ab exercises in combo with cardio, or immediately after cardio, when the body is still warm, and your heart rate is still up.

Good luck. :smile:
  • BrattyLori
    BrattyLori Posts: 101 Member
    The belly is also my trouble spot. I have been told that sugar is the main thing that causes belly fat and I've been told to lay off sugar and carbs (which your body converts to sugar).

I also believe that we're melting from the ends to the center! Keep at it!
  • Thanks for the great advice! I love it BrattyLori, that is a great way to look at it! I have an appt with a nutrionist so that I can stay on target!
    Maybe I will up my cardio by 10-15 minutes when I can. I am not sure about no carbs lol, maybe low carbs!
  • adow
    adow Posts: 13
    Fat does store in the belly due to insulin levels remaining elevated. So reduce your sugar intake, look at every nutritional label before eating it. Lots of sugar in cereal, processed food, and dairy products. It's okay to eat healthy fruits, stay away from bananas and pineapple, loaded in sugar. Eat whole grains only, nothing refined. That is what I learned from Jorge Cruise's new book, The Fat Belly Cure. Go to his website and watch some of his videos. You will be very surprised at the daily sugar consumptions.
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    I just saw this post & checked out Jorge Cruise website & WOW!!!! I know what I have to do! Thank you adow!!! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.