70 pounds? Yikes...I'm going to need some friends!

Options
2»

Replies

• jmhammen
    Options
    I would like to lose 60 lbs. It is difficult at times but MFP is very helpful. I was doing really well week before last - had an ok week last week - but am back on track this week. I am determined to get to my goal....Like others here I find it helpful to set smaller goals and then to reset my goal once that is met. I don't care if I get back to the thin young girl I was but I want to be healthier and look better and have more energy to do the things I love. I am 55 yrs old and hope to retire within the next few years....
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...pretty new here myself! Started wanting to lose needing to lose 79, joined MFP a few pounds later now need to lose 58, so sounds like a pretty similar journey. woudl be happy to be friends if you're still looking ;-)
  • pshuckleberry
    pshuckleberry Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good luck....I have a little more than you, we can do it!
  • wick09
    wick09 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome:) I have 70 to lose also. I decided at leasthalf will be gone by end of 2013(prob before) and rest will follow in 2014 unless I really kick it in high gear. I lost 15lbs last time, but I wanted the lbs gone right then and there and the diet just didn't work for me. This time I am for sure going to win this. Good luck
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have new friends! Please feel free to add me. :)
  • chengjer123
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I work at home too and we can motivate each other. I usually exercise during my lunch and breaks.
  • j3nn29
    Options
    Good luck to you! Having a support system helps and keeps you motivated. I'd be more than happy to lend a helping hand! Stay strong and focused!! :)
  • fungirl2012
    Options
    We can do it! I have exactly 100lbs to lose....we can do it!
  • RedHeadHotMama
    RedHeadHotMama Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    First step admitting to need to change. Second commit. Feel free to add me!
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Work behind a computer all day with a 70lb weight loss goal set. Need all the support we can get!
  • teesimo
    teesimo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey count me in too. Was 212, want to get to 150. I week using MFP and down almost 5 pounds!
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    Hi. I am in the same group too. I am working on losing a total of 78 pounds, which sounded pretty much impossible when I started last April. But now I am 44 pounds down and 34 pounds seems a lot more reasonable. ;)

One thing I am doing is trying to focus on it in 10-pound chunks. That way it doesn't sound so daunting. I read an article about a lady who lost 100 pounds and that was one of the things she did. It sounded like a great idea and is working so far for me!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. The extra support is wonderful. Together we all CAN do this!!
  • healthyformeanMona
    healthyformeanMona Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    oh yeah! sure has been a godsend for me--I would have quit at least 5 times in the 6 weeks I've been on here--add me if you like!