Daily Water Intake

Options
I know the rule of thumb is 8 glasses of water a day.
This is tough for me to do.

Can I count Caffeine Free Diets drinks as part of my water? I know I shouldn't make it all of my water though.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    caffeine naturally dehydrates you so, no it should not count as water, some suggest the opposite. That for every coffee you drink you need to add an extra glass of water. Herbal teas and juice count towards water if that helps.
  • tony123
    Options
    try using the crystal lite packets, i use those all day annnd it keeps me from snacking
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Does the caffeine free pop contain any sodium? I wouldn't count it as water just to be safe. I had a hard time drinking all that water at first too.....but after a while, my body just got used to it.
  • mama22girlz
    Options
    try using the crystal lite packets, i use those all day annnd it keeps me from snacking

I agree I found this helps me to drink more water.
  • tinabosquez
    Options
    I count my crystal light as water, because I am not a water drinker at all. I drink atleast 4 bottles of water with crystal light a day.
  • panther87
    panther87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I keep a 2 cup glass on the counter at home and drink it every 1-2 hours and i can get my water in that way. or have a large 30 oz glass by your desk, chair or couch and sip on that through the day. I had to build up to drinking 8 glassess. I was a 6 pack of pop a day person and now cant really stand the stuff even the diet doesnt taste good anymore. Crystal lite is a good way to flavor the water and some time i use 1/2 the amount just to slightly flavor the water. Your body needs water and if you can get it all in thats great, but you may have to slowly build up to that point. Good luck.
  • Bevgreen1
    Bevgreen1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I love water with a squeeze of lemon juice, adds just a little bit of flavor that you need once in a while. MmMmMmm makes me think of summer!
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine use to teach Weight Watchers, and they allowed 2 cups of decaf cofee to count towards their water, as long as you drink it black with nothing added lol. that's the hard part!
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I love water with a squeeze of lemon juice, adds just a little bit of flavor that you need once in a while. MmMmMmm makes me think of summer!

me too!!!! i love lemon in my water :) sometimes i do lemon-lime. yummy ;)