Does Insanity work??!

Options
2»

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing insanity but I do have some questions about it:

1. Do you need any specific equipment? I know P90X requires a chin up bar and some weights.
    2. Is it boring and repetitive?
    3. How is it on joints? I read reviews about people getting hurt from doing the workouts
    4. Would it be too much to still go to the gym while doing Insanity?

I'm just looking for something to pump up my workouts. I love the gym and I'm looking to add a little something "extra" .

Thanks!! :smile:

1. No equipment required at all.
    2. I don't find it boring. It's fairly repetitive for each dvd (you do 3 of each set). However, there are like 10 different discs and you do a different workout every day. However, some of the moves do go from one dvd to another.
    3. There is a lot of jumping. It would be possible to get hurt doing Insanity or pretty much any other workout. I think you just need to know your limits.
    4. It depends what you do at the gym and what condition you are in. I do the elliptical or treadmill every morning to "warm up for my day." I, then, do Insanity in the evening with my boyfriend. I don't feel like that's too much, but I think I would struggle to lift. But again, I think this is a matter of knowing your limits, too. Some people definitely would be able to do more than me.

Thanks!!

I love the gym and lifting weights and I'd hate to be forced to do one or the other. I'm going to have to think about this one. Maybe I can ask Santa to get it for me for Christmas :)