P90X

Options
Hello, I know this has been tossed around already so I apologize but I wanted to get some feedback from people who have actually USED P90X and if it really did work for you? I just wanted to know if there were any success stories out there from "real people" before I spend $100 on it. Thanks!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It works, I didn't have any weight to loose when I started but still dropped 2 lbs, although I didn't follow the nutrition plan. The biggest difference was in strength. I started out being able to do 16 chin ups and by the end of the program I was able to do 29. I subsequently did a second round with even less rest between exercises.
  • Mommy08
    Mommy08 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post! I think I'm just going to go for it. Were teh workouts really long at times? I've heard that some of them are 90 minutes long. I love working out but finding 90 minutes is going to be tough.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Im on the 3rd week and if you do it like you are supposed too...you should definitely see strives towards weight loss/muscle gain and over all well being
  • coblecs
    coblecs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I finished P90X last year. I'll sum it up by just saying it is absolutely amazing. I got in the best of shape of my life last summer. I got the 8 pack I wanted and had definition everwhere. I felt great. I also was not overweight when I started. I fell of the wagon but am doing P90X all over again and am in week 2 and it feels great again. I did not follow the nutrition guide to a T the first time or this time. I just eat clean and try to ration my carbs/Proteins/Fats properly as well as get the right amount of calories in me. I would strongly suggest getting the program.
  • Mommy08
    Mommy08 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I finished P90X last year. I'll sum it up by just saying it is absolutely amazing. I got in the best of shape of my life last summer. I got the 8 pack I wanted and had definition everwhere. I felt great. I also was not overweight when I started. I fell of the wagon but am doing P90X all over again and am in week 2 and it feels great again. I did not follow the nutrition guide to a T the first time or this time. I just eat clean and try to ration my carbs/Proteins/Fats properly as well as get the right amount of calories in me. I would strongly suggest getting the program.

That is GREAT to hear for me because I eat clean as well adn so I didn't want to HAVE to change my dietary habits because of this program because i'm already eating healthy and like the way I eat. So this was exactly what i was looking for. Thanks for your encouragement and knowledge!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post! I think I'm just going to go for it. Were teh workouts really long at times? I've heard that some of them are 90 minutes long. I love working out but finding 90 minutes is going to be tough.

Only the Yoga is longer than 60 minutes most workouts are from 50-60 min, I skipped yoga most weeks and threw in running on the treadmill instead. I believe I only did the yoga 3 times, didn't like it and too long.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Reading all these post I have decided to order it today. Hopefully it will not take long to get here
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Yeah the yoga is like 90 mins or so....LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG
  • OddSquid
    OddSquid Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    To clarify, the Yoga DISC is 90 minutes, but you're not doing Yoga for all 90 of it. The first 45 minutes are the movement exercises and the next probably 35 minutes is balance and stretching. The last 10 or so is just the calm-down-relax sessions. So it's not nearly as bad as it sounds.