Sugar is like crack

Options

Replies

• etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Eat a Tbls. of raw sugar. It's not that great!

says you!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yeah, yeah...

...so anyhow...

...you know where a guy can score a few rolls of Smarties?
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Buy only limited size portions of high-quality sweets. I can eat a large bag of M&Ms, but if I buy a small, high quality dark chocolate bar, it is more satisfying, with a lot less calories! I know if the large bag of M&Ms makes it in the house, I will eat it.

Oh, and make sure you are not hungry when you grocery shop!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    So you've tried crack?

This is the same question I always ask. If you think sugar is like crack, then you have never smoked crack or known a crackhead.
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    You should try meth... crack barely registers on the happiness scale compared to meth.

Just don't buy them. Worked for me; I hardly ever eat sweets except for the odd bit of dark chocolate that I justify because it has antioxidents.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Refined sugar kills me - if I have one bite it's like my inner gremlin-fed-after-midnight erupts and I am on a rampage to have more. It's terrible! And then after I've had the second cookie or a given in to the mini chocolate bar or whatever my stomach hurts, my calories are wonky and I'm all mad at myself. It's a like a really dramatic bad relationship.

I should call Taylor Swift and share my feelings with her - she can use it for a song.
  • kels67camaro
    Options
    So you've tried crack?

This is the same question I always ask. If you think sugar is like crack, then you have never smoked crack or known a crackhead.

Its called using a analogy :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Powdered sugar does look a lot like cocaine...

powderedsugar.jpg
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Refined sugar kills me - if I have one bite it's like my inner gremlin-fed-after-midnight erupts and I am on a rampage to have more. It's terrible! And then after I've had the second cookie or a given in to the mini chocolate bar or whatever my stomach hurts, my calories are wonky and I'm all mad at myself. It's a like a really dramatic bad relationship.

I should call Taylor Swift and share my feelings with her - she can use it for a song.

ROFL - that just made my day. I would love to see pretty little Taylor singing about her f-ed up relationship with Skittles.
  • donnajaycody
    Options
    No, you don't necessarily have to be a crack addict to make the comparison, (but that was a funny question :laugh: ). Yes, I too suffer from the same sugar addiction and Halloween caused my relapse...."oh, it's just a "fun size" bar" and before I knew it there were 6 empty wrappers in my hand! I have been trying to overcome the desire for just a few bites every day since! I'm not winning :cry:

I do like the idea of taking just one to bed and eating it when I'm all snuggled in..... maybe I'll try that!
  • joseejolie
    joseejolie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    lmfao. Seriously that's hilarious.
  • lauranicole823
    Options
    I think it's more of a comparison than an actual experience. Probably meaning sugar is addicitive like crack...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    But seriously, my current craving for Smarties is entirely Halloween related. I had gone for 9+ months with no candy (or much of any other added sugars or refined foods) and had just a little in the weeks before Halloween...and now, four weeks later, still seriously craving it.

...but since I'm not really trying to lose weight right now, maybe I just won't fight it for a while and just have some "in moderation".

(Remind me I said that when they find me strung out, sleeping on the streets in a pile of empty Smarties bags/wrappers.)
  • kels67camaro
    Options
    I think it's more of a comparison than an actual experience. Probably meaning sugar is addicitive like crack...

EXACTLY :happy:
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm the same...reading a booked called The Hunger Fix which explains how sugary, salty and fatty foods are hijacking our dopamine receptors, flooding them and wiping out our receptors, so that we need more and more. I haven't fit to the solution yet but it's making sense so far!
  • kels67camaro
    Options
    But seriously, my current craving for Smarties is entirely Halloween related. I had gone for 9+ months with no candy (or much of any other added sugars or refined foods) and had just a little in the weeks before Halloween...and now, four weeks later, still seriously craving it.

...but since I'm not really trying to lose weight right now, maybe I just won't fight it for a while and just have some "in moderation".

(Remind me I said that when they find me strung out, sleeping on the streets in a pile of empty Smarties bags/wrappers.)

I think that is what has happend to me, all these damn holidays :sad:
    Maybe we can find you some classes for your smarties addiction :happy:
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    To stop the cravings you need to cut back on the sugar. Start eliminating as much as you can from your diet and the craving will subside eventually. Sugar is added to just about everything, including things that are touted as 'healthy'. Sugar 'substitutes' don't help stop your cravings because you are just replacing 1 sugar with another. If you really must have something grab a small square of DARK (at least 70%) chocolate and melt it as slow as humanly possible in your mouth. You can also have ONE piece of fruit.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    cocaine_rick_james.jpg
  • kels67camaro
    Options
    cocaine_rick_james.jpg

LMAO!
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Eat a Tbls. of raw sugar. It's not that great!

OOOO, like this idea! Kinda like when your parents find you smoking and they make you sit down and smoke the whole pack and you end up puking.

Um...Yeah, no. Not the same thing at all.