Tabata training

Options
Anyone exercise using the tabata method? And if so, is this your only exercise method?

Replies

• hnuzzolilo
    hnuzzolilo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am. Just started tho. I am also doing c25k. Only on week 2.
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the cardio interval version, the calisthenic version, or the weight lifting version of tabata?
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    We throw in a couple Tabata's in our Friday morning spin class. Love them/Hate them:)
  • Kellylynnhaynes
    Kellylynnhaynes Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the cardio interval version, the calisthenic version, or the weight lifting version of tabata?

The cardio interval version.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    my gym just started a tabata class every Monday night, they've had 3x so far and I love it! Great workout with the intervals & the instructor switches it up each class. I do that along with zumbs classes, some running, kickboxing, and random other exercises.

I definitely recommend tabata
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options

The cardio interval version.

I do them on the bike closer to the start of racing season. They are really nice at building your resistance to pain :-)

This time of year, most of my efforts are either 20-minute or 8-minute intervals (at the maximum intensity that I can evenly maintain for the entire duration)