Sandwich Meat

Options
Has anyone (in Canada) found a decent source of pacakged (or deli) avaiable lunch meat that does not have added sugar or a tonne of salt? I have checked every package in the major stores and they all seem to add some form of sugar. The only meat I have not seen this is the turkey pepperoni at Costco, but this doesn't make a very good sandwich or wrap. I am getting a little bored with tuna or home baked checken.

Replies

• melliebelly77
    Options
    I like the carving board kind, by Oscar meyer. It has 1 gram sugar and it is thick cut and good!
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    I just accept the high sodium content for the convenience and purchase whatever turkey/BFH/chicken is on sale.

Sugar and sodium are going to be used as preservatives in pretty much all packaged meat to cut down on waste.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I just accept the high sodium content for the convenience and purchase whatever turkey/BFH/chicken is on sale.

Sugar and sodium are going to be used as preservatives in pretty much all packaged meat to cut down on waste.

This, and I have typically found that deli turkey has the least sodium and sugar.