kitchen scales

Options
i'm looking for a good set of kitchen scales. i am seriously debating buying the biggest loser nutritional scale w/ keypad. does anyone have this scale? is it good? any other recommendations for a good kitchen scale?

Replies

• doncella93
    Options
    My girlfriend works in fitness and she bought a $5 scale at Walmart and says it does the job. Me on the other hand would need a digital one and am looking at purchasing one at Target for about $18.00.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    I bought a kitchen scale at Walmart for less than $20 and it works great.
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I have one at home... StarFrit *i think* but really what you want to look for in a kitchen scale is a DIGITAL scale so you are precise not guestimating your food's weight, also you will want one that has different weight options (g's, oz's lbs etc). You can find all the nutritional values on here right, so really I wouldn't spend more than you have to on a kitchen scale.
  • MsT4u
    MsT4u Posts: 10
    Options
    I just purchased one from Amazon.com. It's the "EatSmart Precision Pro" Digital Scale for 24.99. Great reviews.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I bought an OXO digital scale --I think it was around $40. Love it. Looks nice enough on the counter, is small and doesn't take up too much space, cleans up really well. It is very precise, so helps me log in the portions similarly to how MFP lists it in the iphone app. I typically use ounces but this works on grams/kgs too. It has been a lifesaver helping me learn what size portions to use and follow.

I'm sure lots of other brands work well too and at any price--I like looking on the Amazon customer recommendations --you learn alot from that information too.