Birthday

Options
I am on 1200 calories a day, I joined 9 days ago and so far have been doing pretty good. My question is this: My son's 17th birthday is Thursday and I am taking him out to dinner at his favorite restaurant plus there will be a ColdStone cake. I don't want to undo all the good I've done in one day! This is my first dining out experience since starting this. Can I save calories from the day before and use them on his birthday?

Replies

• MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Well where are you taknig him to dinner? Have you checked out the restaurants website to preview the menu items? Do they have thier nutritional values lsited on their website? If they don't but hvae one onsite, I suggest going in before Thurday and checking it out. If you go in and don't plan in advance, you could, (this is how i feel not factual), pressure to make a quick decision cuz everyone else is ready to order, pressure that its ok to have an app, dinner and dessert (and even a drink)cuz everyone else is, make an impulsive chouce because you are so ravenously hungry because it's meal time and you limited your calories earlier in the day to save them for the dinner. If you check out the menu and nutritional values when you are satiated and not hungry you are more likely to make a healthy choice. Just know going in what you are ordering, don't look at the menu and be swayed by other options. And Enjoy your son's birthday dinner.:wink:
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    When I go out for dinner I typically try to eat light during the day to save calories for dinner, and then try to do extra on exercise to build up more exercise calories I can eat. If you go over, you can get back on track the next day but you can at least try to manage it. As said before, try to get something relatively low cal, like fish. Limit yourself to maybe 1 piece of bread, a glass of wine, a taste or two of an appetizer and enjoy the cake!! You have made it 9 days already and doing well....sounds like you are committed to the program and deserve a fun, good meal. Good luck!