How long did it take you to lose your goal?

My goal is to lose 100 pounds! For those of you have reached your goal no matter what it is, how long did it take you to do so? Please share!

Replies

• HeidiJoLHB
    HeidiJoLHB Posts: 88 Member
    Or for those of you who haven't reached it yet, how long did it take you to lose what you have lost so far?
  • _jorge_
    _jorge_ Posts: 28 Member
    Started on April 15th, reached it on October 24th. So little over 6 months to lose 55 lbs. I did the math and I averaged 1000 calorie deficiency to accomplish my goal. I would have been happy with 18 months to reach my goal, but once I got started, I kept wanting to do more healthy things.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,175 Member
    I started on May 18th of this year. Its a little over 6 months and I have lost 40 pounds so far.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    I got serious about losing/being healthy in July and have lost 38lbs so far. I would have loved for it to be gone faster, but slow and steady wins the race, right? :-)
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    I've lost 15 lbs in 6 weeks pretty much just from changing my diet
  • 8 months...61 pounds
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    1 pound per week average for a whole year. Was faster in the beginning but towards the end it slowed down. Still averaged out to one pound per week though which is what I had the calories set at.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,654 Member
    3 months 27 pounds
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    45 pounds since April, so 6.4 pounds per month.
  • baker150
    baker150 Posts: 112 Member
    My goal is 100 pounds in total, I have lost 76 pounds since June 4th, so almost 6 months!
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    25 pounds - 5 months
  • meangreen11
    meangreen11 Posts: 42 Member
    Started here 6/3 and hit goal on 10/20 -- 20 lb. loss on 5'4" post-menopausal woman.
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    first serious evaluation goal is 150lbs lost...currently at 131lbs lost....

started in September 2010....

slow and steady wins the race... :)
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Great question. For me, I joined almost 6 months ago to lose 10 lbs. Honestly I am still struggling, 5 lbs lost and 5 lbs gain. I am hoping to get my act together before another New Year's resolution. Good luck to you!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    It generally takes me about 3 seconds to lose my goal. To GET TO my goal... that's another story! :wink: :laugh:

I started about 5 years ago, but started and stopped quite a bit. I got serious about 2 years ago. Things got sorta put on hold while I had both knees replaced this past Jan/Feb, but while I was hobbling around I actually lost about 35 pounds. When I was able to get moving again I actually gained back about 10 pounds :grumble: But that's gone now, and then some!

I still have about 75 pounds to go to reach my goal, but I set myself smaller goals because 75 seems like too big a number! So my plan is to lose 15 pounds by April 1 - considering Christmas is in there, I'm giving myself some room.
  • kb8wau
    kb8wau Posts: 46
    160 lbs in 20 months.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    I have only lost around 35lbs. since starting last January. Seeing other people lose twice that amount in the same time frame sometimes makes me feel bad, but I haven't had an easy year overall and progress is still progress!

I'm working hard to be 40lbs down by the end of the year, and another 50 to go until my goal.