I'm at it again!

Options
I always thought counting calories or keeping a food journal was ridiculous, how can it really help you lose weight, really? But after having my third child and struggling with extra weight, I figured it couldn't hurt anything to try. I was shocked by how many extra calories I was eating in the day!! After 4 weeks I had lost ten pounds. I stopped and kind of fell off the wagon a bit, especially with exercise. Now, I am tired of not being happy with myself, and being uncomforable in my own body. I am counting calories again, trying to change to way I feed my body, and exercising regularly. This website has been a godsend. I look forward to getting on here and am (usually) more confident at the end of the day when I look at the progress that I have made. I give props to everyone on here who is trying to make a better life for themselves, whatever the motivation may be!!

Replies

• Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It does help to log your food!!!!!! Welcome and can't wait to see your progress.
  • ATXrunner
    Options
    Way to take control of your life and the way you feel about your body/health. Good luck!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    it's definitely a life style change. I'm going through this with my twin sister. She's mad because I'm losing weight and she says "you get to eat what ever you want!" LOL!! Everything I eat is low in cals and not processed. I get looking through her fridge and she's got marie callender pot pies in there and packages of lasagna.. I tried talking to her about it and she yelled at me.. Then she came out and said she wasn't ready to give it up.... Then I told her her needs to stop being mad at me, because I care about myself and want this lifestyle to work for me.. And it does! I eat whatever I want. We have hamburger and fries night, but at home (where I'm in control)!

Hopefully something has changed in you that makes you want to have a better way of life.. I feel the happiest I've ever been because this is going to stick.. I'm not going back to 220lbs....NEVER! Shoot, I still have 29 lbs to go! But at least it's getting easier and easier.. You just have to have the passion and the drive..
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It is refreshing to log on here and see how supportive everyone is, especially after a hard day, or when you are feeling down on yourself. It is uplifting to read everyone's blog's and posts, to know that there are many others out there struggling with the same problems. I am not for sure if I have a specific goal in mind, I wanted to get back to my normal weight, 150, at first, but now I realize i wasn't happy with that either, and why not strive to actually be happy with myself!!! We all deserve it.
  • doitforabby
    doitforabby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jen ... It is an eye opener seeing how many calories are in your favorites! I have been on here a month and lost 13lbs so far. I log everything as I eat it, or if I'm planning a bigger dinner, I log that early to see how many calories I can have throughout the day. My take on this is I am getting healthy. That is my goal. Not to lose weight, although that is happening as I am eating healtier & making better choices.
  • JENWOOT
    Options
    Good for you! I was also shocked at how much I was eating, just here and there. It adds up! Good luck!!!:smooched: