a weird nsv for me today...

Options
i've lost about 75 pounds total so far, 50 here on mfp. between 5 and 10 more to go, i think. i haven't really purchased any new clothes tho. part of me doesn't want to jinx myself, the other part of me just thinks the clothes i have actually FIT now.

so today i decide to wear a button down, long sleeve shirt to work. i think my second this school year, but it is cold out, so a short sleeve polo isn't going to cut it today. i dig one out of the closet, iron it, and put it on. the sleeves look ridiculous. way too long. then i realize that the reason the sleeves are long is because the shirt is sitting differently, not being stretched out in the stomach like it was last year. so here is my nsv...

you know those two little buttons on a dress shirt that are at your wrist? well, i had to move the buttoned part of the shirt to the next button, making the wrist tighter! in all my years, i have never had to do that. in fact, i own a few shirts that i would roll the sleeves up a turn or two b/c the sleeves were too tight. today...too loose!

great way to start my day! thought i'd brag a little.

Replies

• wkrd
    wkrd Posts: 45
    Options
    That is a great nsv. Congratulations on your success!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! :-) Way to go!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good-job_2.gif
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's wonderful!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Yay! Those little unexpected things feel so good!!!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I notice the same thing with my sleeves and pant legs seeming to get longer, but it's just me not filling them out as much haha. Glad you are reaping the rewards for all your hard work :)
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. it was completely unexpected. i almost didn't even know what to do. then remembered there were two buttons there.
  • rockermom5
    Options
    That is great! I've been thinking I'm getting shorter lately, because I had to buy short length pants because the average were too long! :P It's those little, unexpected things, that make your day some times. Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!