Black Friday/Early Thursday/Sometimes Sat...Cyber Monday?!

Options
ashdred
ashdred Posts: 95 Member
It's around the corner...lol :wink:

Who's participating?! Whatcha want? From where?

Game plans?!

Replies

• LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Heading out with my friend on Thursday night...we are tag-teaming Wally World & Target (and maybe Penny's on Friday).
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian, so we don't have this awesomeness.

I just came here because I liked the title.
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    i am a black friday expert. my house thanksgiving night. flyers from the paper stategically laid out and items circled . then cut out and placed into a binder labeled with kids names hubz name parents parents in law. cousins. now the map of my route starts. i plan on going to the stores that open first then circle my way around the towns. black marker with me to cross off stuff as i get it. and my phone to update what i have and where im at. keep a cooler in the car and some nuts and dried fruit in my purse. water bottle too!!! im all set.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I'll probably be working a lot... I work at a liquor store (so really busy the day before Thanksgiving) and at The Gap (Black Friday craziness). Both places are at least closed on Thanksgiving itself.
  • I usually just go wherever my mom and sister want to go! Unless I see a specific item at a specific store, I'm down to go wherever. The only place I know for sure is Starbucks. My mom and I have to go to Starbucks every Black Friday. We need our caffeine.
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Have so much fun! I have to miss out this year due to surgery - but at least I can participate Cyber Monday!!
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Too broke this year.:brokenheart:
    Walmart offers deals online last year it took the pressure and the fun out of it.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I'll be working from 9pm Thanksgiving night until at least 6am on "black Friday."

I don't go shopping on that day. There is nothing in the world that I want to spend money on that badly from a retail establishment to leave my boyfriend, bed, and sleep for. If I didn't have to work, it'd just be another normal holiday weekend.

Definitely not complaining about making time and a half + and extra $2 an hour, though! :tongue:
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    It's a tradition in my family for the ladies to go and shop black friday, Midnight until noon...LOL!! Then we go eat lunch!! I look forward to it every year. Unfortunately this year, I don't have a game plan yet because my kids haven't even said what it is they want!!!!!! But I"m still going shopping!!
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Oh Boy! Don't want to miss the trampelings!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It's around the corner...lol :wink:

Who's participating?! Whatcha want? From where?

Game plans?!

Hell no! The holiday season is about family, not shopping. You couldn't pay me to go to a store on any of those days.
  • ashdred
    ashdred Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This Thursday mess has me all messed up. I dont know what time to get out there!! I want a 32" $148 tv from Target
  • morgansmama4ever
    Options
    I agree! I am actually 90% done with shopping. Only children will receive gifts. It became to much to get all of the adults gifts and their children. I did that for years and maybe received 1 or 2 gifts in exchange. I know its better to give than to receive but I was spending too much. I give gifts to all kids 16 yrs and younger. After that their parents can take care of the gift giving. As for my daughter she will receive 3-5 gifts (depending on cost) for Christmas. I will teach her the real meaning of Christmas which is not buying 100s of gifts and breaking the bank...
  • Irish_Chica
    Options
    Target!!! Right after my Starbucks first!