The Master Cleanse

Options
2»

Replies

• elizawe
    elizawe Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I did the MC for three day. During that time, my skin glowed and I lost the ache in my joints but you can't live that way. I have discovered the best solution is to give up the wheat, pasta, and sugar and eat a high fiber diet and drinks lots of water. I have joint stiffness and positive RA factor. Since giving up the wheat and taking high doses of Glucosamine, Chrondroiten, MSM (1,500 mg 3 times a day). the joint stiffness has improved dramatically.

I am not for any diet or cleanse that promotes muscle loss such as the MC does. I do not recommend it. I do however, recommend drinking 2 tbs Braggs apple cider vinegar with water at meals. It helps to keep the body in an alkaline state and promotes weight loss.
  • GingerZEST
    GingerZEST Posts: 12
    Options
    Elizabeth knows her stuff!!

Elizabeth my back is almost non-movable. Should I take 1,500 mg 3 times a day for Glucosamine, CHrondroiten and MSM?

GingerZEST here!
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    here's my experience:
    I did it in November 09 for 10 days along with my husband. I felt so good doing it. I had energy and everything. I lost 7 pounds in the 10 days and was also exercising while doing the cleanse. Yes, it is very hard to do. You are not supposed to eat anything, just drink the lemonade concoction. I also had the book that you have which was a huge help. I probably could not have done it without the book. The book guides you along and answers many questions of things you may be experiencing while on the cleanse. and yes, I definitely did detox. I think I cheated and gave in to eating almonds. I think my husband lost ~14 pounds or so because he stuck to it 100%. I think the almonds somewhat derailed my lost. Now the flip side is, once the cleanse is over and you eat regular, yea the weight does come back. I applaud you for using it as a detox. It works! If you are using it for weight loss, not so much a good idea, as it is possible for the weight to come back. In summary, works really well as a detox because the lax tea and the saltwater flush really gets the crap out. Good Luck!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    here's my experience:
    I did it in November 09 for 10 days along with my husband. I felt so good doing it. I had energy and everything. I lost 7 pounds in the 10 days and was also exercising while doing the cleanse. Yes, it is very hard to do. You are not supposed to eat anything, just drink the lemonade concoction. I also had the book that you have which was a huge help. I probably could not have done it without the book. The book guides you along and answers many questions of things you may be experiencing while on the cleanse. and yes, I definitely did detox. I think I cheated and gave in to eating almonds. I think my husband lost ~14 pounds or so because he stuck to it 100%. I think the almonds somewhat derailed my lost. Now the flip side is, once the cleanse is over and you eat regular, yea the weight does come back. I applaud you for using it as a detox. It works! If you are using it for weight loss, not so much a good idea, as it is possible for the weight to come back. In summary, works really well as a detox because the lax tea and the saltwater flush really gets the crap out. Good Luck!

This!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ttova
    ttova Posts: 11
    Options
    Just finished my New year's master cleanse .. Went 20 days again.. Feel great!!.. The cleanse has curbed my bad eating habits for three weeks and now I feel so much more in control. The trick now will be to use MFP to keep me eating sensibly so as not to fall backwards.

BTW I told my GP I was doing the cleanse and he heartily approved..
    Each to his own.