Is the Fitbit aria scale accurate?

Options
I'm thinking of buying one to track bf% and am wondering if anyone knows how accurate it is in that regard. Thanks!

Replies

• LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    No one????
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    From what I've read none of them are accurate, you have to get it done professionally for it to be more accurate. I have the Fitbit aria scales and with any of them the main thing is to weigh in at the same time daily and watch the trend hopefully move downwards. Just don't take the number too seriously. My doctor used an Omron scale on me and it was quite a lot different to the reading on mine. She said both reading seem incorrect and that I'd be less than both of them.
  • bobbiebearden
    Options
    I've had my body comp tested by my nutritionist (I know the method is not 100% accurate, but it's a good estimate), and the body fat % by her test is 10-15% less than my aria scale! I can weigh in two days in a row, get the same weight, but different bf%. I definitely don't trust the bf% but I still like the wireless capability and the fact that it returns 1/10 pound weight, so I can see the fluctuations better!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Thanks very much!