almond milk question...

Options
2»

Replies

• VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Mostly it's the less sugar, but I've also come to enjoy the taste. I also drink regular milk depending on my calorie/nutrient goals at the moment e.g. post-workout.
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk and so does my son. Silk pure almond original. i use it for my cereal and i prefer it to milk. less calories more calcium :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I use soy or almond milk because they both have a lot less calories than skim milk

Interesting - I actually checked at the supermarket last week and the almond milk I bought had exactly the same cals as skim milk.
    It's the second brand I've tried and they are both pretty nasty - I've decided to stick to skim milk.

I think it's useful if you don't like the taste of milk or have an intolerance or don't want to drink it for ethical reasons - other than that, I can't think of a good reason to drink almond milk.

Sweetened varieties have higher calories. The Unsweetened varieties are around 30-40 calories versus 90 or so calories for skim milk if I remember correctly.