how do you know

Options
how fast youre walking? I'm about to do the walk away the pounds 3 miles and was wondering how I should put it in. thanks for the help

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    pedometers will usually tell you.
  • allyVarone
    Options
    yep, i agree with him! Pedometers count the steps you take each day.. and I guess, once you have the final count of steps, google how many pounds you lose with walking the number of steps you did.
  • jdsaenz
    jdsaenz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't have a pedometer, but I try to time my walking. During the day at work, 2 steps are 1 second, so I'm always counting in my head wherever I go at work! I enter that in Exercise under Walking, then the amount of time in minutes, seconds.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Another way is to time yourself in those 3 miles divide by 3 and that is how many minutes per mile.
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    if you know you're walking 3 miles, then it's easy! if it takes you an hour to do 3 miles, then you're walking 3mph...if it takes you 45 minutes, then you're walking 4mph...if it takes you 30 minutes, then you're walking 6mph...etc, etc........
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    that's what i do, and it's 4 mph

however, keep in mind if you're using the weights, you're burning more than if you were just walking. that's the part i can't really log. so i just log the walking.