Christmas is 6 weeks away.....

Options
Do you plan on eating all the goodies that come with the holiday? lol I keep thinking about my mothers short bread cookies and how I am going to work a few of those into my calories ;) I love Christmas so much and usually I stuff my face, but this year I hope to maintain my calorie intake while still enjoying all my favorite things in moderation! What's your favorite food around the holidays?

Replies

• j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Honestly mine is pumpkin spice latte's or pumpkin spice creamer. Fortunately I can only have one coffee with creamer or one latte because hey are too sweet to have anymore than that.

Homemade candies are yummy too but I hardly ever get my hands on any so hopefully I will stay away from that. If anyone makes any french cookies (look them up if you never heard of them). I am at a loss, I will have one day where I will eat as many as I want and then I will be good from then on.

Promise. :smile:
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Eggnog. And it's NOT good for me.

But you can buy low fat, mixed it with seltzer (which I love) and drink it in small glasses.
  • prettymomma16
    Options
    oh yes, eggnog is a favorite in my family too. It's one thing I don't have to have though, but I can't say the same for all the wine that comes with Christmas lol
  • lisamariepickering
    Options
    Christmas cookies! Chocolate chip, peanut butter, sugar - yum! And those butter cookies that come in Christmas tins - I know their horrible for you, but I can not get enough. I don't think I will be doing as much holiday baking this year since I'm watching what I eat. Plus we're working on my daughter losing a few pounds, so she definitely doesn't need cookies around. I might just bake a bunch, keep a few and send the rest to work with the hubs.
  • prettymomma16
    Options
    Yeah I am not even bothering with my baking this year.. too much temptation to eat them all day long lol.. but will certainly have other peoples baked goods if they offer lol..
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm a little nervous about being around all the food. Xmas time has always been hard for me especially at work as there are countless boxes of chocolates, doughnuts and other treats lying around. We have also got a few Xmas Parties and someone is bringing in lots of mostly unhealthy food. Fun Times :happy:
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Nope! No kids here... so no goodies will be coming into the house!
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving I'm going to watch what I eat since I'll be home and ther one cooking, but only for 3 ppl. We're going home this Christmas (Ohio) and I havent seen my family or friends since Aug. So I don't think I'll be watching what I eat 100%, but Hubby and I always workout while home bc my mom still has a gym membership for me :) Gotta love her.