best all-day calorie tracking gadget? Fitbit? FuelBand?

Options
Anyone use a exercise tracking device like jawbone up or fitbit? Did it help you lose weight? Did it keep you motivated? Would u recommend it to others?

Replies

• Jeanlk4
    Options
    I use a polar ft7 to keep track of my exercise and LOVE IT.
  • pagewhite
    pagewhite Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use FitBit and love it. I find it very motivating.
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit :-)
  • His_Blue_Eyes
    His_Blue_Eyes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use the Fitbit and it definitely keeps me motivated. I am always conscious of how many steps I have taken and it motivates me to stay active. It has also helped me lose weight because it is easier to measure how many calories I am burning, and since I have it linked to MFP, it shows how many calories I have consumed.
    Good Luck!:smile:
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    fitbit one sounds nice
  • lisamariebennett
    lisamariebennett Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Fuel Band does NOT track calories all day. It says it's an all day tracker, but it's only an all day tracker of activity calories. If you are standing, watching TV, sitting at your desk, etc, it says 0 calories burned. It's really neat, but I took it back and got the FitBit one. Love it.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I'm going to throw in my vote for a fitbit too. I have had mine since May and love it. I literally wear it 24/7 and no one has really seemed to notice it. When I shower I take it off one bra and put it on another. Because it syncs to MFP, I don't even log my exercise anymore--I feel like just letting the fitbit do its thing is more accurate.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I have a Bodymedia armband and I absolutely love it! It's extremely accurate all day and night. Some people are turned off by the fact that after 3 months there's a $7/mo. fee for the online tools (required for use), but I think it's completely worth that $7 to see my calorie burns, calories consumed, activity levels, METs of activities, and my sleep efficiency. I researched fitbit vs bodymedia for a while before choosing the Bodymedia. It integrates seamlessly with MFP and it is currently the most accurate monitor on the market.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit. Very motivating & makes you want to meet your set daily goals
  • BexleyGirl
    Options
    Fitbit....LOVE it!
  • stuntpilot51
    stuntpilot51 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I would vote for the Fitbit too! Never leave home without it.

I do think the calorie adjustment is a bit high though when linked to your food diary on MFP.
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    ohh I'd like to know! Bump!:smooched:
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I have a Bodymedia armband and I absolutely love it! It's extremely accurate all day and night. Some people are turned off by the fact that after 3 months there's a $7/mo. fee for the online tools (required for use), but I think it's completely worth that $7 to see my calorie burns, calories consumed, activity levels, METs of activities, and my sleep efficiency. I researched fitbit vs bodymedia for a while before choosing the Bodymedia. It integrates seamlessly with MFP and it is currently the most accurate monitor on the market.

Totally agree!
  • sdmillman
    Options
    I love my Fitbit, but I use it in conjunction with my Polar FT7 to track workouts. Maybe I am doing this wrong, but I don't think the Fitbit is capable of tracking intensity - it doesn't know the difference between walking and running, it just counts steps. It really doesn't help with biking, etc. So, for workouts, I enter my HRM calories in MFP, and MFP sends that data back to Fitbit. The result is that you get your "non-workout" calorie burn plus your workout calorie burn, thus an accurate picture of what you've really accomplished.

Bottom line - Fitbit is great, and very motivational, but I think it's incomplete..

Having typed all of that, I'd like to know if I'm using the Fitbit correctly! Any thoughts?