HRM HELP!

Options
If my HRM is giving me a really, really low reading while I am running (and the treadmill said 160 but my HRM said 90...haha obviously incorrect) does that mean i need new batteries or what? I haven't changed the batteries in a long time, and usually it works well but lately I have gotten really low readings then it will jump back to where I should be...or do I need a new one?

Replies

• lveh8lve
    lveh8lve Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My old one would tell me I was dead then jump back on. I replaced the battery and that didn't help. Turns out my strap went bad. May want to replace the battery and look into a new strap.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    When mine starting giving me weird readings, heart rate jumping around like you described, I changed the battery in the chest strap - worked great after that. (I have a New Balance N4)
  • kayak4fun
    Options
    I've had the same Polar HRM for 5 years. When it starts dong that, I replaced the battery in the chest strap. Once I had to replace the chest strap, but the original one was the budget model.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i've got the same issue - i didnt know there was a battery in the chest strap! HOw do you replace this?