hello from new person

Options
Hi, I am Nener. I am 43 yr. old stay at home mom of 4 kids.I've struggled with weight since I was 9.Have lost and gained many times,trying many diets. My doctor told me about this site and I'm hoping it will keep me on track. I have a lot of head knowledge but don't follow what i know is healthy.I have been working out with personal trainer for a few months and even though I feel stronger, haven't lost lbs. I know this is because of food. So I decided I'm going to let go of guilt, shame,etc. and start doing what I know will help me lose weight. I've read some of your posts and feel very inspired. Look forward to getting to know some of you better.

Replies

• jlloyd
    jlloyd Posts: 68
    Options
    Way to go, and good luck. This site is great I decided at the start of the year that it was time to get back to a healthier life, this site has been the great for keeping me going.
  • tonijka1
    Options
    Hi I'm new trying to lose fat and weight any tips are appreciated
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,162 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think this site is great not only because it makes you aware of what and how often you eat but because of the support and wealth of information from others who are in similar boats.

tonijka1... some tips that I do for losing is... I limit how long I sit in front of the computer or tv. I make it a point to get up about every 20 minutes to do anything (throw in a load of laundry, make a bed, maybe just do 25 jumping jacks) when watching tv I do these things during commercials. I try not to get the closest parking space (unless the weather is really yucky). I take the stairs. If I am tempted by fast food, I go in to order...there are 2 advantages to this...1st: you do burn a few calories, 2nd: they are less likely to mess up your order. Also utilizing this site to track what you eat. Stay strong!

Cheers!