Weight fluctuating

Options
Not sure if it just me, but I am on a 1200 calorie a day schedule, I never go over my 1200 and burn 100 calories everynight on the treadmill. So from yesterday morning to this morning I gained 1 lbs? What am I doing wrong? I cut out pop and drink only water with Crystal Light.

Replies

• gperry227
    Options
    What does your 1200 calories consist of? Lean proteins, veggies, fruits, whole grains?
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Did you have something salty yesterday? A little sodium can make you retain water.

No biggie, don't sweat the onesie-twosies or you'll drive yourself nuts. Weigh once a week and watch the long term trend.
  • kingnatalie
    Options
    When I notice a gain of 1-2 pounds in a day and I have stayed within my calorie limit, I know I am retaining water. Drink a ton of water (you'll know when you have drank enough - lots of bathroom breaks) - and tomorrow you should see that pound or even more gone.
  • ecanarecci
    Options
    Thanks you all, actually I had two pickles yesterday (very salty) and drank probably 12 glasses of water. I didn't even think about that. Is there a rule for how much water consumption you should drink in a day?
  • ecanarecci
    Options
    Really it has been egg beaters and breakfast- soup at lunch w/ crackers (or a sandwich with lots of lettuce onion and whole wheat 100 calorie sandwich thins) last nigh I had a very small portion on organic spaghetti sause with 2 ounces of whole grain angle hair past. What would you suggest for an ending time at night to eat? I try to wait until 6:30pm so I don't get hungry later but sometimes I am starving by the time I get home.
  • kingnatalie
    Options
    Personally I really don't worry about a "cut-off" time for eating. As far as I know there has been no scientific proof that a "cut-off" time is beneficial vs. non-beneficial. Here are some dieting myths from Time Magazine (which I would think is reputable). I also think I remember Jillian Michaels saying that once on the Biggest Loser as well.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,1896439,00.html
  • Evasher
    Options
    What I have learned is that when you first start eating right and exercising is that muscle builds and that is where the weight gain is...keep the faith. I am with you...always a daily attitude adjustment. We are all in this together. I have not seen a loss and need to make my needs known to my dining partner...two plates = two people. One day at a time.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I've heard the rule of thumb that you should drink half your body weight in ounces. For example, I'm 165, so that would be 83 ozs, or roughly 10 8-oz glasses of water. Seems to work for me :)
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I usually gain 8lbs-10lbs over the weekend.....then by Wed-Thurs it is back to normal

its water weight
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I like to have a huge salad with my dinner. 2 or 3 cups of lettuce, a mess of cherry tomatoes, some green pepper and cucumbers and maybe some broccoli if I have it. Some free italian dressing,,, good good good, and filling, and very very lo-cal. I don't like to be hungry, it sux.

This is simple, calories in-calories out. Timing isn't really that important.

About the pound,,, it was the pickles. Don't sweat it, you're doing fine.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Be prepared to go up as much as 5 pounds on any given day- it's normal.
  • beqy12
    beqy12 Posts: 569
    Options
    Also, your body will fluctuate with your cycle... not even fair.
  • SweetE4308
    Options
    As you lose fat an gain muscle, you wil have these days. However, look at them in a postive light because with more muscle, you burn more while at a rest. So the more muscle you have, the more your body is buring throughout the day to maintain it. Stick with it! I am on a two pounder gain too, but i have been doing lots of wall sits and muscle building/toning. So it sucks that the scale says I gained 2 when I feel better then yesterday. Listen to your body versus the scale, and dont weigh everyday. It can be really discouraging! Good luck and stick with it!
  • ecanarecci
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and answers. This is all very encouraging.